FEARLESS PREDICTIONS

This is the big week for 22-4A.

Can they avoid being swept out of the playoffs as in years past.

All three teams are playing probably the best team they have played all year.

Who will win and who will have their season's terminated....

Before you read, I really hope all three teams win, but my mojo is telling me otherwise.

I feel the percentages for wins are...

Dayton at 65%

Lumberton at around 40%

PN-G (which is probably playing the best team of all three) at 25%

Good luck to all three teams, I hope we can all be talking about them in next weeks games.

Read below to find out the winners...

They are also available at....

http://www.toupsgraphics.com/fridaynightlights.html

STATE PLAYOFFS

REGION III 4A AREA

TOUPS GRAPHICS RESULTS

22-4A sweeps 21-4A out of the playoffs once again, and this year the combined score was 117 to 14. Three very impressive wins. Toups Graphics accurately predicted +2 TD wins for all three 22-4A teams. Now it's put up time or shut up time for all three teams. The 22-4A teams now face very strong opponents in round 2. Wins here by any of the teams could result in going to the quarterfinals.

GAME OF THE WEEK

DAYTON VS TEXAS CITY

FRIDAY 7 PM

Dayton gets a rematch with the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last year. This should be one of the best games in all of region III. Last year Texas City kept the Bronco offense out of sync while the double threat of the QB and RB running the ball was just too much for the Bronco defense. This Dayton team is much better than last years. There is more overall speed, and over the last six or seven games, Greg Charles has emerged into one of the premiere QB's in all of south east texas. Dayton's offensive firepower will be able to match up to the Texas City defense, while this years Bronco defense, with much more speed, will be able to contain the big running back. Look for Dayton to win this game. Dayton scores twice in the first half and gets a TD and Field goal in the second half on the way to a 10 point win.

TOUPS GRAPHICS FEARLESS PREDICTION

DAYTON 24 TEXAS CITY 14

LUMBERTON VS LAMARQUE

FRIDAY 7 PM STALLWORTH STADIUM BAYTOWN

Lumberton enters the big time playing the most successful 4A program over the last 10 years in the Houston area. Look for Lumberton to play with LaMarque in the first three quarters to a stale mate. Then in the fourth quarter either two things happen. Lumberton presses the LaMarque offense into some turnovers which results in the go ahead points, or LaMarque finally gets one of it's playmakers with the ball into the Raider secondary scoring a TD. The latter will happen. Look for LaMarque to score a TD halfway through the 4th quarter that forces the Raiders into a pass game to catch up. LaMarque forces an interception or fumble which results in the dagger in the heart touchdown. Lumberton's season will end Friday night, but oh gosh, what a year it has been for the Raiders. They will finish the season with a 10 and 2 record and will lay claim to the only team in 22-4A to say they have beaten the Broncos.

TOUPS GRAPHICS FEARLESS PREDICTIONS

LAMARQUE 28 LUMBERTON 10

PN-G VS LAMAR CONSOLIDATED

SATURDAY 7 PM STALLWORTH STADIUM BAYTOWN

This game will be for only the strongest of football fans. The weather in this game will be brutal. Look for the temperature to be in the mid 40's with a steady cold cold rain. In good weather PN-G would be overmatched to play this Lamar Consolidated team, but in the weather that will occur Saturday, it will keep the score down. Unfortunately for my alma mater, my mojo is telling me that Lamar just has too much firepower for the Indians. The Indians will fall behind in the first half then play catch up the whole game. A late TD by the Indians will make it interesting, but it won't be enough. The Indian's season ends in a sour note and in horrible horrible weather.

TOUPS GRAPHICS FEARLESS PREDICTIONS

LAMAR CONSOLIDATED 28 PN-G 14

TOUPS GRAPHICS HAS A 43 AND 12 PREDICTION RECORD

Comparing my "FEARLESS PREDICTIONS" to the calprep computer gets the followng point spreads....

Dayton vs Texas City

Fearless - Dayton 24 Texas City 14

Calprep Computer - Dayton 26 Texas City 14

Lumberton vs LaMarque

Fearless - LaMarque 28 Lumberton 10

Calprep Computer - Lamarque 22 Lumberton 21

PN-G vs Lamar

Fearless - Lamar 28 PN-G 14

Calprep Computer Lamar 28 PN-G 19

My PN-G and Dayton scores are very very close.

I also predicted that the Lumberton game could go either way in the 4th quarter.

I think the 4th quarter starts with a score of Lumberton 10 LaMarque 14.

LaMarque will complete a screen pass or underneath route and then the receiver will break a long run.  LaMarque will get a Raider turnover next and score again.

Gosh...

Wouldn't it be great if all three 22-4A teams could pull it off this weekend.

For Lumberton to knock of LaMarque would be just huge!!!

I really hope my "mojo" is wrong...

GO RAIDERS, INDIANS, AND BRONCOS!!!

computer are only produce a simulation compiled by using data from games played in the past.  They can not factor in intangibles such as ,motivation, heart,fatigue or weather.  They are straight forward with no human factors involved.  so unless it is mathmatics or some source of data , you can forget it.

i can respect that. looks like the computers are using common oppts. and points scored.

computer are only produce a simulation compiled by using data from games played in the past.  They can not factor in intangibles such as ,motivation, heart,fatigue or weather.  They are straight forward with no human factors involved.  so unless it is mathmatics or some source of data , you can forget it.

I agree.

If Lumberton can control the ball with their running game , and I think they will, they can put LaMarque's defense on their heels. With the rotation of backs Lumberton has they will wear down LaMarques defense and keep LaMarques offense on the sidelines and limit the number of big play opportunities for the cougars. Lumberton is not flashy, their speed is ok, their size is about average, but their heart and mainly their toughness is what will win the war. Lumberton will earn LaMarque's respect friday night.

Dayton is just better than Texas City.

In the cold and wet conditions I'll take the bulldozer (Hemmings) over the sports car (Rogers).

Turmovers & kicking game will be huge playing in the rain.

If Lumberton can control the ball with their running game , and I think they will, they can put LaMarque's defense on their heels. With the rotation of backs Lumberton has they will wear down LaMarques defense and keep LaMarques offense on the sidelines and limit the number of big play opportunities for the cougars. Lumberton is not flashy, their speed is ok, their size is about average, but their heart and mainly their toughness is what will win the war. Lumberton will earn LaMarque's respect friday night.

Dayton is just better than Texas City.

In the cold and wet conditions I'll take the bulldozer (Hemmings) over the sports car (Rogers).

Turmovers & kicking game will be huge playing in the rain.

with the exception of pn-g,you hit the nail on the head. however the x-factor is,is lumberton mentally ready???? i'll go as far as saying,that's the key to winning this for lumberton. we need to cause turnovers and hop on them quick to take away confidence.

Guest beards_bro

with the exception of pn-g,you hit the nail on the head. however the x-factor is,is lumberton mentally ready???? i'll go as far as saying,that's the key to winning this for lumberton. we need to cause turnovers and hop on them quick to take away confidence.

Lumberton is very mentally ready. The coaches keep them mentally prepared for every game that they play. Even though this is a huge game, the boys have been in at least 4 big games already this year. I believe that they got their first playoff game jitters out last week after their first couple of series on offense. They will be ready for the Coogs as they are mentally tough. They believe that they can win and will not be intimidated by the coogs. If they do fall down early they have the team , heart, & desire to come back and win....just ask Dayton. PNG will even tell you that they will not give up and they do have what it takes to come back when they are down.

Just goes to show you they dont know PNG, weve been hoping for it to be wet as the "bulldozer" Hemmings isnt fast but hes steadt and powerful and has to be gang tackled, just ask anyone weve played, our other RBs are fast, plus weve had playoff exp before and state also. LC will learn the hard way about our "D" as they introduse themselve repeatedly to whats his name. :-*

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami