Spurger 73 Chester 34 Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

This game should have been 110 to 34.Spurger played very sloppy b-ball and horrible defence for the first half. they stated playing like they needed to late in the 3rd. If the start the game like this the 20th (Goodrich)it's going to get ugly quick. Coach was not to happy so the boy's are in for rough pratice or two.On the upside I think the freshmen got alot of pt for the 2nd game.

spurger did play very sloppy but they did come a way with a win, and i agree, if they played like they played after the half, it would of been a lot worse for chester lol, the only thing though, i think spurgers coach needs to play his bench more, ya'll were up by 40 and he kept the starters in, and that was late in the 4th, come on coach ;), congrats to to both the shefields and chase and george and phillip and everyone else, ya'll played good,but ya'll cant afford to play like that in a close game ;D, good luck agianst goodrich, send a message to them when ya'll play em 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

spurger did play very sloppy but they did come a way with a win, and i agree, if they played like they played after the half, it would of been a lot worse for chester lol, the only thing though, i think spurgers coach needs to play his bench more, ya'll were up by 40 and he kept the starters in, and that was late in the 4th, come on coach ;), congrats to to both the shefields and chase and george and phillip and everyone else, ya'll played good,but ya'll cant afford to play like that in a close game ;D, good luck agianst goodrich, send a message to them when ya'll play em 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

bballer08, Spurger's #1 fan from Warren, what would you do different about this team? (playing time, starters, etc.)

How do you see this team playing better?

subject: Warren this season, is the reason, I do not believe he is from Spurger.

He isn't from Spurger I don't think.I was just curious how he could be a Warren player and be at Spurger and Jasper on the same night at the same time???If I had to guess I'd say a Warren student with Spurger ties,nothing wrong with that.It looks like he supports both clubs.Good luck to yall Tuesday in Goodrich.

bballer08, Spurger's #1 fan from Warren, what would you do different about this team? (playing time, starters, etc.)

How do you see this team playing better?

well, as far as the starters, i agree with it. gossette is a good point guard and a very good defender, pate , to me, is more so a leader and jt does a good job , he scores a lot, and phillip is defeintley the go to guy. so far, i havent seen shain rawls do much, but chase and george have impressed me, sometimes i think chase should run the show,but john does an excellent job at the point. if i were coach staperd (sorry if thats spelt wrong) i would of played my bench a little bit sooner than  he did, collier should of played a lot more to me, he can be a deadly three point shooter. i think ya'll are playin good....keep going to phillip down low and i defintley think ya'lls strength is shooting, but ya'll also got a lot of depth,and thats what makes spurger a good rounded team, i would just give my bench more playin time, they practice just as hard as the starters ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You haven't said anything about the 5th starter, Blankenship?

Also as of now, 3 of the players (Collier, Shook, Hutto) on the bench @ the Homecoming game are playing on JV and will only play w/Varsity on District games, Homecoming, and not sure, but maybe tournaments?

well, as far as the starters, i agree with it. gossette is a good point guard and a very good defender, pate , to me, is more so a leader and jt does a good job , he scores a lot, and phillip is defeintley the go to guy. so far, i havent seen shain rawls do much, but chase and george have impressed me, sometimes i think chase should run the show,but john does an excellent job at the point. if i were coach staperd (sorry if thats spelt wrong) i would of played my bench a little bit sooner than  he did, collier should of played a lot more to me, he can be a deadly three point shooter. i think ya'll are playin good....keep going to phillip down low and i defintley think ya'lls strength is shooting, but ya'll also got a lot of depth,and thats what makes spurger a good rounded team, i would just give my bench more playin time, they practice just as hard as the starters ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2quik4u, as the person who asked the question of bballer08 opinion.  I was trying to get an outsiders views.  This is what this site is for.  No one sees things the same and everyone has their own opinion.  And when it comes to School Sports the coach has the final decision on whatever he/she chooses to do with that team, even if the fans, parents, and so on doesn't agree.  If a player is serious about playing the game he/she will give it their all and the coach should see. If they don't see then that is one of the many lesson of life.

bballer08  seems to have seen this team play, has his own opinions, and supports them.  And in my opinion scouting may be in bballer08's future. Like any given ball game, you never know what the outcome will be.  You can only speculate, but you really never know. 

2quik4u, as the person who asked the question of bballer08 opinion.  I was trying to get an outsiders views.  This is what this site is for.  No one sees things the same and everyone has their own opinion.  And when it comes to School Sports the coach has the final decision on whatever he/she chooses to do with that team, even if the fans, parents, and so on doesn't agree.  If a player is serious about playing the game he/she will give it their all and the coach should see. If they don't see then that is one of the many lesson of life.

bballer08  seems to have seen this team play, has his own opinions, and supports them.  And in my opinion scouting may be in bballer08's future. Like any given ball game, you never know what the outcome will be.  You can only speculate, but you really never know. 

First of all cma123, not trying to put you down or anything by any means, but i didn't understand any of that post you just put up. All I was saying was just what the others on this post were saying and that was how can this kid be at warren and spurger at the same time that's all. He seemed to have a great outline of how the game went on and how the team should be managed. Also, I don't care how the team should be ran and I don't care about his opinion on how the team should be played...that's his opinion, I don't know anything about Spurger. All I said was he had such a good perspective of the game, good enough that he could be a scout one day. Back to your post, I have no clue what you were trying to get at. I had to read the thing 6 or 7 times and still made no sense of it, I couldn't tell if you were mad at me or trying to tell me the concept of basketball. Let's try again and see where we get. ;)

2quik, yes I did get a little off the subject.  The point I was trying to make is that everyone has their own opinion and choice. And even thou I asked bballer08 his opinion about the team. This would really not matter because if the player really wants to play, then he/she will play when, how long, what position, and so on that the coach lets that player.

bballer08 has gave the Spurger team some good reviews.  You were being (sarcastic) to him about being a future scout. I didn't think that that was right when he was just telling it like he sees it. ;)

2quik, yes I did get a little off the subject.  The point I was trying to make is that everyone has their own opinion and choice. And even thou I asked bballer08 his opinion about the team. This would really not matter because if the player really wants to play, then he/she will play when, how long, what position, and so on that the coach lets that player.

bballer08 has gave the Spurger team some good reviews.  You were being (sarcastic) to him about being a future scout. I didn't think that that was right when he was just telling it like he sees it. ;)

lol dang! well just to let ya'll know, i did play for warren,but things werent going so well, as of now, after the thanksgiving break, monday will be my first day at spurger and i would like to play bball agian, but im not sure yet, good luck at goodrich tonight and ya'll pray that warren puts a woopin on woodville  ;D      :) :) :) :) :)

Really hate to see a kid transfer away from a school he has gone to for years and leave his friends over basketball playing time.But to answer your question.No,if he transfers for athletic reasons he can't play.In this particular instance he doesn't live in the district so he could't play there anyway.Being a senior if he lived in the Spurger district he could play after sitting out for 15 days.Last but not least to think about,if he wasn't getting playing time in Warren he probably won't get it in Spurger even if he was elgible.I hope the young man stays in Warren,he is a really nice kid and extremely funny to be around.

Will U.I.L allow bballer08 to play for Spurger, since he played on the Warren team this season?

At best he would have to wait 15 days.  But you can't move for athletic reasons and I believe he would have to get a release from Warren.  There are several other factors involved here.  Was he on the varsity or jv? Did he actually play in a game?  In what School district does he reside?  And the most important question, WHY?

You can not transfer from one school to another for playing time!!  That is explicitly express in the UIL rules. (excuse me, unless it's to Kelly).  The kid needs to stay where he is at and play on the practice squad or be the manager!  Life comes at you hard sometimes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83