Will Kirbyville and Newton face off in 2a next year???

If Kirbyville turns in 2A numbers I dont see how they couldnt be in the same district due to proximity. If that were to happen I can see it being much easier for Kirbyville to make the playoffs but that district title would be just as elusive as it is with WOS and just like old times against Newton. :-)

After decades of being slaughtered why would they want to be back in a district with Newton ?  Newton did have a couple of down years losing to them but for the most part it was a yearly massacre.

Newton numbers increased somewhat this year I think 378.

Kirbyville would be nice to have back in the district because of the Natural rivalry.

Newton is going to be good regardless of what district or what size schools they play. This year Newton had 2 open weeks (zero and 5) which Coach Barbay didn't want the week 5 opening. He was quoted in the paper saying he couldn't find anyone willing to play week 5. The larger schools consider it a "no win" to play Newton, if they win people say they should have won, if they lose they are looked at hard for losing to a 2A school.

A large part of Newton's success has to be attributed to the fact that they have had the same head coach for 30+ years and same defensive coordinator for 10+ years and the fact that the Newton players are confident that they are going to be competative regardless of who is on the field with them and regardless of what size the school is.... only 11 can play at a time from each side.

426 will make it real close.  And I think it is a little early to crown them 2A State Champs!! still have to go through Newton, Marlin, Mart, Tatum and a few others.

You can take one team off that list that Kirbyville would have to go through. Mart just turned in an official enrollment of 183 students :o. With last year's 1A cutoff at 194 and expected to be a little higher this year, it's good bye 2A, hello 1A for them Mart boys.

Just when it was lookin good for HD, with Groveton looking like they'll go back to 2A, Alto turnin in low numbers that would put them in the small school playoff bracket and here comes Mart........... :'(

With the successful football program Kirbyville has brought to the table the last few years, it would be a great game to watch. It certainly would add more meaning to a 2A district title for newton........I know that past history doesn't win a football game, but i wanted to throw some numbers out there. According to Bobcatfan4life, newton leads the series 39-22-1. However, newton hasn't lost to kirbyville since '89 winning 15 straight games ;). Also in that current win streak, newton has out scored kirbyville 556-100 8).  I'm not saying kirbyville will be an easy win, just simply nothing will be handed to them on a silver platter in 2A like some of there fans think

it would be nice to play newton again. My freshman year(03-04) newton was in our district when they were 3a and it was a close game. i think that the score was 14-7.. and yes playing newton was a real rilvary. It seems like jasper became our rilvary my sophomore year(04-05) when we beat them 42-20 and newton went down to 2a. Kville would do EXTREMELY well if they moved down to 2a. good luck kats!

03 score  32-21

Kirbyville was the better team that year, we just started out bad. Jasper is leading the series 18-3 over us but doesn't amount to anything. This isn't the same Kirbyville team Newton was playing in the 90's. Kirbyville would probably embarrass Newton right about now. Newton has a great program with tradition, but Kirbyville has gotten a whole lot tougher with alot of talent coming up. I hope these 2 teams match up soon because we owe yall BIG TIME!!!!

lol..i do agree kville is a better team than they used to be, but newton has ALWAYS been a great team. Im sure if kville and newton played again it would be close.. dont get me wrong i love the wildcats, but newton has won some state championships, i dont member the last time kville went past the third round.

Guest EagleFan01

Newton and Kirbyville are going to play next year even if there not in the same district or whatever. They are playing week 2, unless Kirbyville drops, then it will be later on in the season.

Newton and Kirbyville are going to play next year even if there not in the same district or whatever. They are playing week 2, unless Kirbyville drops, then it will be later on in the season.

Should be a dandy. Kirbyville would dominate the teams Newton is playing in their district. How many seniors Newton has on their team this year???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics