Welcome to Bronco Stadium, where to eat, park, etc

You'll probably see the lights soon after leaving Liberty, depending on how early you arrive. Once you come up the hill, the stadium is an easy find.

Now, if you've been here before, things have drastically changed. What used to be the visitor's side is now the home side and vice-versa. The stadium is WSW of downtown.

If you get in town early and want to eat, there are several places. We have the fastfoods like Jack-in-the-Box, Subway, McDonalds, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Sonic and Little Caesars (all located right on US90). We also have a carry-out place called Pizza Boy 1 1/2 blocks from the stadium, across the street from Burger King that has Pizza, seafood, and other choicy items.

For those looking to dine in with wait staff, for Mexican Food, try Los Compadres (turn left third light, go under rr tracks and turn left at light, go 1/2 block and turn left into parking lot of Town Center), or go about 4 blocks further to the next traffic light and you'll find Jose's Mexican Food.  After making that left at the third light, make a quick right just past McDonalds and an immediate left and follow the L-shaped road to the strip center on the right. In the middle you'll find Pappy's Barbecue which has steaks, seafood, and their specialty, barbecue. Or Kapalksi's where you'll find pastas, sandwhiches, soups, salads, etc. Continue on to Main St. which is straight ahead, and just to your left of the intersection is Texas Kountry Kitchen.

Or, go straight at the red light (by the way, look to your front left and the stadium is visible) to the next light at SH146 and just to the left before the intersection is The Branding Iron. Here you can get steaks and seafood (they have the 21-oz porterhouse).

Back to the stadium.

Parking is on the north side of the stadium which is off Houston Ave, which runs east and west behind Walgreens. Parking is allowed on both sides of the street and some grassy areas across the street from the back of the stadium. Don't be misled as there is a small pressbox on these stands. Cleveland St. runs N and S from Walgreens to Houston AVE (at the red light talked about so much earlier). Take Cleveland past Houston Ave, and there are several parking spots in front of Notthingham Middle School just east of the stadium.

Hope all this information helps. Any one out there from Dayton can add to it if I left something out.

at least the indian fans will have some good food at bronco stadium. alot better than the bronco fans had at nederland. that was pityful. all the good food was on the nederland side. didn't hardly have anything on the visitors side. at least we'll have turkey legs, bar-b-que sandwiches, nachos, sausage on a stick. and so on. was really disappointed at nederland. thought it would be better than that. but, we'll have plenty to eat while everyones enjoying the game.

Alternate route for PN-G fans...

Traffic may be unbearable on HWY 90 coming into Dayton.

You could....

From Groves go down HWY 73, go down I-10 then come into Dayton on HWY 146.

There is a pretty large parking lot at the junior high which is within walking distance of the stadium.

The junior high is on the right as you pass the Entergy substation, it is on HWY 146 so you would miss all the traffic.

BOY I CAN'T WAIT TILL FRIDAY!

Will be an AWEsome game at Dayton stadium.

Alternate route for PN-G fans...

Traffic may be unbearable on HWY 90 coming into Dayton.

You could....

From Groves go down HWY 73, go down I-10 then come into Dayton on HWY 146.

There is a pretty large parking lot at the junior high which is within walking distance of the stadium.

The junior high is on the right as you pass the Entergy substation, it is on HWY 146 so you would miss all the traffic.

BOY I CAN'T WAIT TILL FRIDAY!

Will be an AWEsome game at Dayton stadium.

Hey Purple4Ever.....a serious question.  How early do you think PNG fans should get to the stadium to find adequate parking?  It sounds like coming down I-10 would be a better and easier route, correct?  Hey buddy, thanks for the info....you've been a big help.

Hey Purple4Ever.....a serious question.  How early do you think PNG fans should get to the stadium to find adequate parking?  It sounds like coming down I-10 would be a better and easier route, correct?  Hey buddy, thanks for the info....you've been a big help.

i would get there between 530 and 600 pm

I would go down I-10.

There could be a lot of traffic back up in Liberty with the red lights, and then coming into Dayton on HWY 90 could be a nightmare.  The first light at Winfree on HWY 90 is a long light and will back up the traffic on HWY 90 probably way down into the river bottom.

I am assumming the season tickets are all "general admission".  I would for sure be in the stadium by 6ish.  Also parking at junior high will be the best bet it has direct access to HWY 146 and will not be difficult to get out of.  As for parking... There is no parking except at the junior high.  It's very similar to PN-G and Nederland in that once the school parking is filled it becomes parrallel parking into the neighborhoods.  There is a very small lot on Houston street, and they have added parking lots behind the home side, getting out of that parking lot after this game will be a nightmare.  There is also some parking on Cleveland Street in front of Nottingham Elem.  For those getting to the game right around 7, they may be parking quite aways from the stadium.

To all the PN-G fans, travel safe to and from the game.

I can't wait, it will be a great game for the kids and the fans!

Just thinking....

When all the PN-G fans get here, the population of Dayton will DOUBLE!!! (assumming PN-G brings about 5,000)

I think the stadium can safely hold about 10,000, that is about 1500 standing.  More than that could be too much as there is no way to stand and watch the game on the west endzone.

I hope the city of Dayton is aware of the influx of traffic that will occur Friday evening.

The city police will have their hands full with the traffic.

You'll probably see the lights soon after leaving Liberty, depending on how early you arrive. Once you come up the hill, the stadium is an easy find.

Now, if you've been here before, things have drastically changed. What used to be the visitor's side is now the home side and vice-versa. The stadium is WSW of downtown.

If you get in town early and want to eat, there are several places. We have the fastfoods like Jack-in-the-Box, Subway, McDonalds, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Sonic and Little Caesars (all located right on US90). We also have a carry-out place called Pizza Boy 1 1/2 blocks from the stadium, across the street from Burger King that has Pizza, seafood, and other choicy items.

For those looking to dine in with wait staff, for Mexican Food, try Los Compadres (turn left third light, go under rr tracks and turn left at light, go 1/2 block and turn left into parking lot of Town Center), or go about 4 blocks further to the next traffic light and you'll find Jose's Mexican Food.  After making that left at the third light, make a quick right just past McDonalds and an immediate left and follow the L-shaped road to the strip center on the right. In the middle you'll find Pappy's Barbecue which has steaks, seafood, and their specialty, barbecue. Or Kapalksi's where you'll find pastas, sandwhiches, soups, salads, etc. Continue on to Main St. which is straight ahead, and just to your left of the intersection is Texas Kountry Kitchen.

Or, go straight at the red light (by the way, look to your front left and the stadium is visible) to the next light at SH146 and just to the left before the intersection is The Branding Iron. Here you can get steaks and seafood (they have the 21-oz porterhouse).

Back to the stadium.

Parking is on the north side of the stadium which is off Houston Ave, which runs east and west behind Walgreens. Parking is allowed on both sides of the street and some grassy areas across the street from the back of the stadium. Don't be misled as there is a small pressbox on these stands. Cleveland St. runs N and S from Walgreens to Houston AVE (at the red light talked about so much earlier). Take Cleveland past Houston Ave, and there are several parking spots in front of Notthingham Middle School just east of the stadium.

Hope all this information helps. Any one out there from Dayton can add to it if I left something out.

go bye the Dayton Athletic Booster Club concession stand for turkey legs, bar-b-que sandwiches, nachos, sausage on a bun

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami