Liberty vs Shepherd

Guest dailynews

I think both teams are better than their record... Liberty was ahead in I think all district games then lost by a late touchdown and shepherd was a one score game with all thier district games except coldsprings.  Besides People have been picking Shepherd to lose big every week and besides Coldsprings the game wasnt over till the clock was at all zeros.  So i say good game and no one will win big it will be close.

this is the best matched game of the year the outcome will be the team that wants it more. liberty has always been a playoff caliber team yet for the past few years shepherd has brought up the rear in fourth place. liberty has mr white yes i will comend them for wat they put in the water yet we have some homegrown athletes and the kids here want it more. shepherd on top 38-14

i am excited for basketball too...its not a punishment...just a scene change...its a chance for everyone to give it their all in a new game.  as far as the lib-shep game...i am excited to see the results.  the last two games for the pirates have been great...i dont see this one being any different.

B-Ball is not punishment...i don't know what your talking about

It will be for you guys. . .unless you have somebody coming up that I don't know about. I watched about 5 Liberty basketball games last year and aside from the close one you guys played at home against Coldspring it was a pretty rough season.

Guest JackNtheBox

Good luck to both teams.  Pretty evenly matched game.  Liberty has to tackle 20 and 2.  Shepherd has to stop 35 and 7.  Should be a good game.  Then roll out the basketballs.

It will be for you guys. . .unless you have somebody coming up that I don't know about. I watched about 5 Liberty basketball games last year and aside from the close one you guys played at home against Coldspring it was a pretty rough season.

dude shut up, where are you from...I don't know what games you saw but the District games is where Liberty should have pulled out and won a lot of them...They lost to Coldspring last year by 3 the first time and about 9 the second....Cleveland 3 the first time and didn't play so well the second time....Splendora lost less than 8 points both times...Tarkington lost by 3 or less and 10 or less the second Time...then beat Shepherd both times....SO LIBERTY BASKETBALL WASN'T THAT BAD LAST YEAR THEY JUST COULDN'T PULL OUT THE CLOSE GAMES....

dude shut up, where are you from...I don't know what games you saw but the District games is where Liberty should have pulled out and won a lot of them...They lost to Coldspring last year by 3 the first time and about 9 the second....Cleveland 3 the first time and didn't play so well the second time....Splendora lost less than 8 points both times...Tarkington lost by 3 or less and 10 or less the second Time...then beat Shepherd both times....SO LIBERTY BASKETBALL WASN'T THAT BAD LAST YEAR THEY JUST COULDN'T PULL OUT THE CLOSE GAMES....

So apparently close losses are as good as a win now?!?

yea there was alot of close games last year but there will alot of new faces duce will be playing along with several new comers and the team has a bright future

Yeah I was curious about who was coming up. Their freshman group a couple of years ago was pretty good and I didn't know who had stayed around and who had left the program.

UKCats - all LHSAlum was trying to say is that Liberty's BB team from last year really was not that bad.  They had a 12 - 16 Record with 10 of those games losing by 10 points or less.  And 2 of their losses where to the State Champs HJ - one by only 10 points.  As I have stated several times when Liberty understands that BB is a team sport they will compete with anybody.  Last year the team was close to being a competitive team - it was kinda a tell of 2 seasons - pre-district they were 10 and 8 with the 2 losses to HJ - in district they were 2 and 8 with 5 losses by 6 points or less.  And yes when you are constantly on a losing team sometimes even a close game feels like a win.  I have followed the Liberty Panthers for several years and last year they had the best team they had in 2 - 3 years - teamwork was the problem - can't win if you don't play as a team - thats my take anyway. 

The Freshman team from Liberty has always seemed to be good - the Freshman team that the Sr's from last year was on was undefeated until they moved 2 to varsity that year.  I also think that the last 2 Freshman teams were also very good.  But it has never lead to a good varsity team - record wise - why - your guess is a good as mine.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed