DAYTON 4 REAL

patitan

alot of people had dayton not making the playoffs after the lumberton game. i go back and repeat what i said. i think dayton overlooked lumberton and didn't prepare for them. they play that game 10 times.dayton wins 9. broncs are the dominant team this year and will share the district title. don't know where or why people think points will determine a district champ.IT'S SHARED IF THE TEAMS HAVE THE SAME RECORD.

alot of people had dayton not making the playoffs after the lumberton game. i go back and repeat what i said. i think dayton overlooked lumberton and didn't prepare for them. they play that game 10 times.dayton wins 9. broncs are the dominant team this year and will share the district title. don't know where or why people think points will determine a district champ.IT'S SHARED IF THE TEAMS HAVE THE SAME RECORD.

Dayton entered the Lumberton game very "knicked up".

That is no excuse as you must play the game with what you have and on that night, Lumberton played good enough to stay in the game and take the win as time expired.  Saying this, if we played Lumberton again, it would be a very very different game.  Lumberton would not be able to use the same defensive game plan and the Bronco defense is much much better with all the athletes playing in the proper positions.  Who is playing the best football right now in district 22-4A, it isn't even close, Dayton is playing much much better than any one.  Four shut outs in five games.  No one else can even come close to this.  Nederland had about 70 yards of TOTAL offense.  NO WAY NOW HOW CAN LUMBERTON REPEAT THAT DEFENSIVE PERFOMANCE!

To reiterate, Dayton is NOT the same team. Keep in mind, we were using our third string quarterback. Now, for many that would be a single loss, but for the Broncos it was a dual loss.

For those who saw the game or Purple's highlights, you saw #8 AJ Dugat catch a pass, get hit, drag one tackler 18 yards and two tacklers almost 6 yards into the endzone. Having him at QB at Lumberton not only hindered the QB spot (I'm sure no one will argue that our number two QB is better than our number three), but look what happens when AJ is part of the offense at receiver and sometimes running back - it's a whole new game.\

Plus, we got hosed vs. Lumberton - now I'm not blaming the refs, per se, at least not for the whole game, but we had some defensive linemen on several plays get ridden down to the grass "bulldogged" and "tackled." Also, and this was not on the radio or in the newspapers, but when the Raiders opted to go for two, our captain tried his best to call timeout. The ref looked right at him and didn't give it to him. That, my friends, is a fact.

STATEMENT: On the night the Raiders played the Broncos, with a little help, the Raiders were the better team THAT NIGHT, with a little help. If they had played each other only a week later, or had Gregory Charles gotten over his staff infection one week earlier we would, NONE OF US, be having this conversation, no matter who the referees had been.

To reiterate, Dayton is NOT the same team. Keep in mind, we were using our third string quarterback. Now, for many that would be a single loss, but for the Broncos it was a dual loss.

For those who saw the game or Purple's highlights, you saw #8 AJ Dugat catch a pass, get hit, drag one tackler 18 yards and two tacklers almost 6 yards into the endzone. Having him at QB at Lumberton not only hindered the QB spot (I'm sure no one will argue that our number two QB is better than our number three), but look what happens when AJ is part of the offense at receiver and sometimes running back - it's a whole new game.\

Plus, we got hosed vs. Lumberton - now I'm not blaming the refs, per se, at least not for the whole game, but we had some defensive linemen on several plays get ridden down to the grass "bulldogged" and "tackled." Also, and this was not on the radio or in the newspapers, but when the Raiders opted to go for two, our captain tried his best to call timeout. The ref looked right at him and didn't give it to him. That, my friends, is a fact.

STATEMENT: On the night the Raiders played the Broncos, with a little help, the Raiders were the better team THAT NIGHT, with a little help. If they had played each other only a week later, or had Gregory Charles gotten over his staff infection one week earlier we would, NONE OF US, be having this conversation, no matter who the referees had been.

Give all the excuses you want, fact is, a win is a win.  Now, deal with it.

uh, HELLO? Where have you been? We have been dealing with it. Four-out-of-five shutouts, the last two of a historical nature, and in those five games have only given up an average of 2.6 points per game. See ya Friday. Welcome to Dayton, where we haven't been scored upon since Sept. 14, by then, almost two months ago.

Two of us were thinking the same thing - you just beat me to it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics