Hardin Vs. East Chambers

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone from Hardin says "feel the sting".

FYI, it doesn't hurt that bad.

you lose.

Yeah, if it is a bee or a single wasp, but obviously you don't know anything about hornets.ย  They swarm and they all attack you...not just one hornet, but a whole bunch of them.ย  ;D

EC is just an over rated team they are a beatable team proves kounzte.. :-\ :D

Overrated team? Okay, I guess that is a bitter pill to swallow. But, lets see if you can handle your own medicine, huh? We lost to Kountze with Thomas injured (not hurt, there was no "boo boo" on his leg), that did happen. But I would like to see how Hardin does without Marsh. From the way that the Hardin people talk him up, it would appear that the biggest "stinger" the Hornets have is him. Take away a Hornet's stinger and what do you have? A fly, ready to be swat.

Overrated team? Okay, I guess that is a bitter pill to swallow. But, lets see if you can handle your own medicine, huh? We lost to Kountze with Thomas injured (not hurt, there was no "boo boo" on his leg), that did happen. But I would like to see how Hardin does without Marsh. From the way that the Hardin people talk him up, it would appear that the biggest "stinger" the Hornets have is him. Take away a Hornet's stinger and what do you have? A fly, ready to be swat.

Ok well then Nolan would have Day, Davis, and Stelly to throw to. Yeah Marsh is the leading receiver but he isnt the only one that can catch a ball. Look at the other players stats as well.

This site really brings out the best....and worst in some people.ย  I am looking for a well fought game by both teams with a lot on the line, especially EC.ย  FORGET about who beat who last week or the week before or the week before that.ย  Both teams are going to come ready to play and I believe they will all leave it on the field.ย  :o

Hopefully, tomorrow night about 10:30 there will be praise and congratulations spread around and not excuses, name calling or finger pointing.ย 

Best of luck to everyone!

Hardin in a tough oneย  42-35

MelanieT I believe what the person said was that it "seems"to be what EC builds their hopes on. It was not based on a fact. From reading the threads on various posts, I believe that is where many people have based their opinions. They were not trying to ruffle your feathers by purporting to know anything as fact. I pray that Tramain Thomas is well and that the injury he suffered will affect him in any way for tommorrow night or in any other game he will play in the future. It sounds as though he is a great athlete and he has a bright future ahead of him. It should be a great game.

PS. I hope that I have not offended you in anyway, or that I have not made any grammar or spelling mistake on this post. Just joking.

I hope you have a great day and that God blesses each and every minute of it.

I've thoroughly scanned your post, run it by the editors at the New York Times, compared it with the AP Style Book and have found it satisfactory to remain on the thread.ย  ;Dย  ;)

Seriously, I get your point about missing the word seems. But, I'm bored reading the same tired assessment of the Bucs' game strategy and talent. It would be one thing if something new was added. But, it's the same thing over and over. It goes like this: EC is no good. Thomas carries the team alone. Nobody else matters. We continue to vehemently disagree.

You know I chuckled when, at the beginning of the season, Tony Valastro said in a Channel 6 post-game interview, that EC didn't get a lot of respect. I smiled, thinking that he was being a little sensitive. It's not quite so humorous now. I'm more inclined to agree.ย  :(

10 hours till game time!ย  I am exicited about this one.ย  I have a question.ย 

Is TT going to carry the basketball team too?ย  What about track?ย  Prom king?ย  UIL state literary champ?ย  Is he speaking at graduation too????ย  ;D

Just kidding.ย  So much has been made about him and his ability.ย  He is a great player.ย 

Good Luck Bucs and Hornets!

10 hours till game time!ย  I am exicited about this one.ย  I have a question.ย 

Is TT going to carry the basketball team too?ย  What about track?ย  Prom king?ย  UIL state literary champ?ย  Is he speaking at graduation too????ย  ย ;D

Just kidding.ย  So much has been made about him and his ability.ย  He is a great player.ย 

Good Luck Bucs and Hornets!

Thats funny...haha

Hey Lionheart! I have seen the posts you put on here.ย  And at first I thought you were ok.ย  But now that I have seen what you write .ย  All you do is jump on the band wagon of the team who is getting the WIN.ย  I graduated from kountze back in 1996 when we started the winning tradition in Basketball back in 95,and 96.ย  But the football team hasn't been worth a crap since the Roger Anderson, an Gordan Gilder era back in the day 60's or 70's. And almost made it in early 90's when Coach Del Basinger was head Coach, to the playoffs that is. Some of the players wereย  Darren Lacy, David Overstreet, Clint Freeman, Kenny Roach,QB Adam Anders, Randy Winger, James (dodi) Harper, And Tony Adams just to name a few. I now live in west hardin were I will raise my little oilers and thats my school !!LETS GO BLUE!! even though I was born and raised in K-Town. Oh we started that toย  ย  ย  ย  LITTLEย  BOYย  ย  ย  ย  And what it looks like is your still upset that little ol WEST HARDIN 1A school beat Kountze in Kountze.ย  And don't boohoo about west hardins boys kicking one of your players while they were on the ground either.ย  They probably done something to one of our boys firstย  Because remember I went to Kountze school and we played just as DIRTY as all the other schools.ย 

ย  ย  ย On the other hand I will be at the EC vs HARDIN game and yes I will be going for hardin.ย  But even if hardin wins and yall do go to the playoffs kountze will CHOKE in the playoffs, yes I said CHOKE big time.ย  I would love to see EC set there butts at home and watch the playoffs from the rice patties they live in.ย  Anywayย  gotta get ready for the gameย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย BYE BOOHOO BABY

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย DONT LET NOBODY KICK YOUR PLAYERS HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guest ECBucFan

That may be true and all, but the fact remains that the Hardin boys WILL remember that 52-0 beatdown.ย  It doesn't matter that EC wanted to end it...and what do you mean "Hardin official"?ย  I thought it was a TASO official, not a "Hardin official" that was in charge of the game.ย  Revenge may not be the key word, but they will be determined to not be embarrassed like last year.

Since you asked, here is the events of that night. The 1st half score was out of hand. Lightning (not rain) was moving from the NW to the SE, diagonally south of town. It appeared 5-10 miles away, but that is totally a guess. It was definitly passing off to the SE. We decided to leave, regardless of conditions. As we filed out of the stadium, a TASO official was meeting with a woman in a Hardin jacket, standing near the sidewalk. Someone asked the ref "Are you going to call it (off)? The ref said "We can wait til the weather passes and restart". An EC rep walked up. I didn't hear every word, and I don't want to misquote, but clearly the inference was to just call it a game. EC could have wanted to wait and resume. In light of this, to somehow accuse EC of trying to embarass Hardin, and Hardin oweing EC some kind of ill-concieved "REVENGE" is waaaaay off base.

People don't have to like the football team if they don't want too, but I guarantee you EC takes prides representing itself with class at all times.ย  ย 

Since you asked, here is the events of that night. The 1st half score was out of hand. Lightning (not rain) was moving from the NW to the SE, diagonally south of town. It appeared 5-10 miles away, but that is totally a guess. It was definitly passing off to the SE. We decided to leave, regardless of conditions. As we filed out of the stadium, a TASO official was meeting with a woman in a Hardin jacket, standing near the sidewalk. Someone asked the ref "Are you going to call it (off)? The ref said "We can wait til the weather passes and restart". An EC rep walked up. I didn't hear every word, and I don't want to misquote, but clearly the inference was to just call it a game. EC could have wanted to wait and resume. In light of this, to somehow accuse EC of trying to embarass Hardin, and Hardin oweing EC some kind of ill-concieved "REVENGE" is waaaaay off base.

People don't have to like the football team if they don't want too, but I guarantee you EC takes prides representing itself with class at all times.ย  ย 

I agree.ย  EC is a classy program.

I didn't want to tell anyone this, but the lightning and rain, (yes, rain showed up in full force right before halftime was over), was a direct answer of my, yes my prayers earlier that evening.ย  I think the prayer was said in the middle of the second quarter.

Wow, I feel better getting that off my chest, I've been living with alot of guilt these past 12 months...

I agree.ย  EC is a classy program.

I didn't want to tell anyone this, but the lightning and rain, (yes, rain showed up in full force right before halftime was over), was a direct answer of my, yes my prayers earlier that evening.ย  I think the prayer was said in the middle of the second quarter.

Wow, I feel better getting that off my chest, I've been living with alot of guilt these past 12 months...

Confession is good for the soul!

Trust me, the EC fans were just as glad that game was called at halftime. Nobody enjoys seeing a group of kids get beat down like that.

Guest ECBucFan

"(yes, rain showed up in full force right before halftime was over),"

Just asking, was there a halftime? It appeared to me the entire stadium, teams included, were exiting just as we were pulling out of the parking lot.

Guest ECBucFan

It doesn't matter. Last year was last year, this year is this year. Hardin is EC's opponent tonight, but definitly not EC's enemy. I am sincerely happy for the vast improvement Hardin has accomplished this year. You all have a fine coach that has worked wonders in a very short time, and a great group of kids that play their heart out. I wish Hardin all the best in the playoffs!

Thanks for answering the question about the official.

I do have to say, in my defense, that nowhere in my post did I say that the Hardin boys were looking for revenge. ย I merely commented that "they will be determined not to be embarrassed like last year." ย Any way you look at it, a 52-0 is an embarrassment even if the other team did not want to run up the score. ย Also, I have never said that EC wasn't classy so please don't put words or "inferences" in my mouth. ย I am not like some posters on here that talk smack. ย I try to post well-intentioned and personal opinions/thoughts on here.

Now that I have vented a bit, I do have to say that I look forward to one bang-up game tonight! ย May the best team win!!

Guest ECBucFan

No, I didn't mean you. Someone else was talking "Revenge" earlier. I just don't think thats the rightful motivation for Hardin. Hardin should play their best in effort to be the best, not to "pay back" EC for running up a score or anything like that. It's all cool. Thanks.ย  ย  8)

Now this is the best post I have read on here. Hardin has seen some bad football in the past few years. We are excited to have a team that is doing well and getting some attention. Some maybe to excited and get carried away on their post. Good luck to both teams tonight. I am a going to miss it. DD is in a softball Tournament in Humble. Hopefully I can get updates frequently.

[move]FEEL THE STING[/move]

Bring your game HORNETS, bring it fast and furious. You guys have been awesome this year win or lose we love you for giving us a team to be proud of. Thank you Coach Haynes for making these guys believe in possibilities and dreams. Good Luck EC. May the game be played fairly and good sportsmanship displayed for 4 quarters. Seniors go play your heart out.

[move]GO HORNETS - FEEL THE STING[/move]

"(yes, rain showed up in full force right before halftime was over),"

Just asking, was there a halftime? It appeared to me the entire stadium, teams included, were exiting just as we were pulling out of the parking lot.

The players went to the locker room and if im not mistaken lightning hit in the area and the fans had to clear the stands..Yea it was a terrible game and one i will never forget. Now its a year later and its a new season and i highly doubt that will happen again tonight. Good Luck to both teams and hopefully Hardin comes out with the W.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefieldโ€ฆ.
    • Lucky for Orangefield thereโ€™s only 3 games max to play.ย  ย  Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90โ€™s but I donโ€™t know that for a fact. ย Rumors.ย ย  it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I havenโ€™t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.ย  ย  Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams.ย 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • โ€œWe have incredible evidence that itโ€™s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.โ€ โ€œ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ข๐ซ๐ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐—, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ฅ๐จ๐›๐š๐ฅ ๐•๐š๐œ๐œ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐— โ€” ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐œ๐ฒ๐œ๐ฅ๐ž.โ€
    • Itโ€™s very difficult to fire an educator. ย Itโ€™s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where theyโ€™re likely to leave on their own. ย Iโ€™m not sure of the legality of exposing an employeeโ€™s work records, but it seems likely itโ€™s not allowed if nothing criminal took place. ย 
  • Topics