BC/Columbus Playoff Info...1 Gamer Thursday

Guest etbu

Since this will be a yawner anyone taigating? Some good places to eat off of Center street. How many from this website plans on going?

Guest Jody

Just an observation.......and with Angelle pitching his job does not get any easier. I hope he does not miss a single ball and hits 8 homers, but I doubt either happens. I am rooting for him and BC........just a concern thatis obvious.

I don't think that Jody should be too concerned about Mr. Jackcson behind the plate. He has done an exceptional job this year for the Cards. He is a very good catcher that will continue to get better by the time he graduates. And as for his offense, 3-4 , 2 homers against BH, enuff said. GOOD LUCK Casey Jackson and the Bridge City Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont see the problem with Jackson, sure he has missed some balls but what catcher doesn't Ive even seen the pros miss a few! Lets not forget this kid is only a SOPH and is catching a D1 possibly professional caliber pitcher. Not an easy task for anyone, especially some one so young. Keep up the good work Casey and good luck the rest of the way!

Found a thread on the Downlow that contains a little info. on Columbus. They sound a little like BH this year to me.

"Have seen them play a few times this year, including their win over Hutto on Saturday. They really don't have a "great" anything. They have a lineup of really scrappy guys who just go at you. They play with a lot of confidence and they put the ball in play. Defensively they're average.

Janak is their best pitcher. What he may lack in tools he makes up for in smarts and determination. He's a really cocky kind of bulldog on the mound, the kind of kid that just doesn't give in. Unless BC has a real stopper to throw at them, the Columbus version of the Cardinals should give them all they want.

Columbus was first in 20AAA in a year when the district was not real strong, but I still think their a formidable opponent. Coach Gonzales always seems to have them ready.

Both teams have great fan support, so this should be an exciting event."

hes done fine all year up untill last week. so really it was just a hiccup and he'll move on. hes one of if not the hardest worker on the team, and he loves to get better. he'll be fine, and it helps to have senior leadership out of angelle to lay the law down, and give advice during games.

Janak is their best pitcher. What he may lack in tools he makes up for in smarts and determination. He's a really cocky kind of bulldog on the mound, the kind of kid that just doesn't give in. Unless BC has a real stopper to throw at them, the Columbus version of the Cardinals should give them all they want.

What does it take to be a stopper????????? I guess we have as much a stopper as anyone else right??? Minus last week of course....................

What does it take to be a stopper????????? I guess we have as much a stopper as anyone else right??? Minus last week of course....................

I wouldn't even call 17k's a bad game. We are just spoiled to 1 hit games maybe he thought our defense needed alittle work (lol).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami