*Hamshire-Fannett 63 Bridge City 21 Final/Comments*

Scoring summary

HF -- Chris Bell 5-yard run. PAT Kick ( Blake Tiner ), 03:47, 1st.

HF -- Ricky Clark 48-yard pass to Cameron Burrell. PAT Kick ( Blake Tiner ), 03:04, 1st.

BRC -- Dustin Breaux 13-yard run. PAT Kick ( Carlos Ponteiu ), 01:27, 1st.

HF -- Chris Bell 5-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 04:09, 2nd.

HF -- Chris Bell 7-yard run. PAT 2 Pt Run ( Jake Minaldi ), 00:25, 2nd.

HF -- Chris Smith 72-yard kickoff return. PAT Kick ( Blake Tiner ), 11:49, 3rd.

HF -- Justin Scully 26-yard run. PAT Kick ( Blake Tiner ), 11:18, 3rd.

BRC -- Joe Robertson 35-yard run. PAT Kick ( Carlos Ponteiu ), 10:12, 3rd.

HF -- Hagan Daigle 35-yard run. PAT Kick ( Blake Tiner ), 09:39, 3rd.

HF -- Hagan Daigle 43-yard run. PAT Kick ( Blake Tiner ), 07:52, 3rd.

BRC -- Dustin Breaux 12-yard pass to Luke Rhodes. PAT Kick ( Carlos Ponteiu ), 10:00, 4th.

HF -- Chris Bell 9-yard run. PAT Kick ( Blake Tiner ), 06:13, 4th.

Team Stats

Bridge City    Hamshire-Fannett

Total yards          279                458

First downs          18                    21

Rushes/Yds        30/164            42/410

Average rush        5.47                9.76

Comp/Atts          11/25              1/10

Pass yards          115                  48

Comp pct              44                  10

Punts                    4                    2

Punting Yards        91                  51

Punting Average    22.75              25.5

Fumbles/Lost        2/1                2/1

Penalties-yards    4-20                4-49

wow... BC 0-9 soon to be 0-10 next week... never thought i'd see it this year. who would have known? all i can say is that they will go 0-10 again next year if they dont change the way they view football... they seem (to me anyways) to just give up in the second half... the first half they will have the game in reach moving the ball great and the Defense playing DECENT giving up few big plays (normally)... then the 2nd half they just give up... they dont believe they can win when they are down by 11-16 points...

there have been some games with a bigger lead in the 1st half BUT thats when BC just gives up before the 2nd half...

Good luck to them next year...

Great effort by HF tonight. It was a good recovery from the two straight losses. The team played well and dominated the game in all areas as they did against Silsbee. I still say HF is one of the three best teams in this district although they will have to have alot of luck to make the playoffs. I hope the kids play Kirbyville well to show they are the a playoff caliber team and set it up for next year. I saw alot of jersey's standing on the sideline tonight and still a good game plan with alot of new faces. How bout the efforts from the soph. QB who filled in tonight in spots, I bet he had 100+ tonight. Good job to the hF kids and coaches, the Horns have a bright future with the direction of Coach Mangan and his staff. A BRIGHT FUTURE. I'm proud to be a HF Longhorn fan.

Great effort by HF tonight. It was a good recovery from the two straight losses. The team played well and dominated the game in all areas as they did against Silsbee. I still say HF is one of the three best teams in this district although they will have to have alot of luck to make the playoffs. I hope the kids play Kirbyville well to show they are the a playoff caliber team and set it up for next year. I saw alot of jersey's standing on the sideline tonight and still a good game plan with alot of new faces. How bout the efforts from the soph. QB who filled in tonight in spots, I bet he had 100+ tonight. Good job to the hF kids and coaches, the Horns have a bright future with the direction of Coach Mangan and his staff. A BRIGHT FUTURE. I'm proud to be a HF Longhorn fan.

well if they do go to the playoffs my prediction is they lose their first playoff game... if an 0-9 team can put up 21 points on them then a 9-0 team would just run them over... (theoretically speaking obviously) Good luck to them though

BC put up 21 because HF was playing a lot of different players at different positions. Some of whom had not played much all year. And if you really knew football, HF already put a whooping on Splendora the first game of the season, who would probably be one of the teams our district will face in the first round. 

Guest Bulldog

I hate to see the seniors for BC have this happen to them. It's been a long season that ends against the allways dominant Mustangs. Guys enjoy it because it's your last 48 minutes to ever play highschool football. As for the younger guys use this game in the best way you can to build on next year. Stump will be ready next year.

I hate to see the seniors for BC have this happen to them. It's been a long season that ends against the allways dominant Mustangs. Guys enjoy it because it's your last 48 minutes to ever play highschool football. As for the younger guys use this game in the best way you can to build on next year. Stump will be ready next year.

Good post, Thank you.

BC put up 21 points because they don't totally give up.There have been a few games where bad things happen right before or right after the half that takes the wind out of their sails, so to speak.

well if they do go to the playoffs my prediction is they lose their first playoff game... if an 0-9 team can put up 21 points on them then a 9-0 team would just run them over... (theoretically speaking obviously) Good luck to them though

You know if you are as big of a fan as you say you would know that BC has put up 21+ in many games this year including KV last week with 25 and KV is 8-1 and is in playoffs. Is KV going to lose in 1st round too?? Come on you can do better than that. The game last night could have been MUCH MUCH WORSE than 63-21 if HF had wanted to and HF coaches hadn't called off the dogs. Heck HF fumbled on the 1 yard line with 5:00 minutes to go or it would have been 70 and there was all subs on both sides of the ball for the entire 4th quarter. And HF has already beaten 2 of the 3 playoff teams coming out of 22-3A in Cleveland (scrimmage) and Splendora (28-6) in week one. So I don't give alot of credibility to your statement about losing in first round. HF is a playoff team in most districts in the state and would be DIstrict Champs in 22-3A if ands buts were candy and nuts. Give credit where credit is due. HF may be a year away.

You know if you are as big of a fan as you say you would know that BC has put up 21+ in many games this year including KV last week with 25 and KV is 8-1 and is in playoffs. Is KV going to lose in 1st round too?? Come on you can do better than that. The game last night could have been MUCH MUCH WORSE than 63-21 if HF had wanted to and HF coaches hadn't called off the dogs. Heck HF fumbled on the 1 yard line with 5:00 minutes to go or it would have been 70 and there was all subs on both sides of the ball for the entire 4th quarter. And HF has already beaten 2 of the 3 playoff teams coming out of 22-3A in Cleveland (scrimmage) and Splendora (28-6) in week one. So I don't give alot of credibility to your statement about losing in first round. HF is a playoff team in most districts in the state and would be DIstrict Champs in 22-3A if ands buts were candy and nuts. Give credit where credit is due. HF may be a year away.

Facts:

BC is the worst 3A team in the state.

22-3A is one of the worst districts in the state

HF beat the top two teams in 22-3A last year

HF is not in 22-3A

Go eat your candy and nuts

Guest RedBirdFan85

Facts:

HF is not in 22-3A

Go eat your candy and nuts

This is the kind of stuff the Bridge Cit kids are going to use as motivation while they're beating your Longhorns in BC next year..

"Facts:

HF is not in 22-3A

Go eat your candy and nuts"

Exactly my point. But my remarks were to the person that said HF would lose in the first round if they made playoffs. But your point is taken as reinforcing mine. I appreciate your helping my cause!!!! Would you like some of my candy and nuts?

So can H-F still get in the playoffs with a win this friday and a Jasper Loss?

IF HF can beat KV and Silbee can beat Jasper by 18, then I believe we still have a shot.

That would put HF, Silsbee and Jasper in a 3 way tie for 3rd place. What I am not sure of is how the

tie-breaker determnied. If someone out there can enlighten us please do so.

Hey Redbird, keep bumping those gums. This is the motivation that our guys will use next year to not slow down, and put up 100 on your team....Thanks for the speech...Cause the team ya'll faced Friday, is the team for the next couple of years....But on a serious note, to the Cardinal players, do not let statements like these alter your individual points of view. It has been a tough year...Things will improve. I never once saw QUIT in any of the players Friday night...keep your heads high and see yall next season...

IF HF can beat KV and Silbee can beat Jasper by 18, then I believe we still have a shot.

That would put HF, Silsbee and Jasper in a 3 way tie for 3rd place. What I am not sure of is how the

tie-breaker determnied. If someone out there can enlighten us please do so.

Even though HF beat Liberty in there own backyard I'm want to see them beat Kirbyville and make the playoffs. There a blue collar team who works for everything

• 1 year later...

Hey Redbird, keep bumping those gums. This is the motivation that our guys will use next year to not slow down, and put up 100 on your team....Thanks for the speech...Cause the team ya'll faced Friday, is the team for the next couple of years....But on a serious note, to the Cardinal players, do not let statements like these alter your individual points of view. It has been a tough year...Things will improve. I never once saw QUIT in any of the players Friday night...keep your heads high and see yall next season...

What???  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder