*Kountze 14 East Chambers 13 FINAL/COMMENTS*

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanna say that so far this year is a really great of football....This district has looked really good... I mean every team has played each other hard, close scores and everything...I mean the warren and anahuac game was close, the buna deweyville game was close and the E.C Kountze game was close...

It doesnt get any better than that...I mean this district is looking better than 21-3A's district is...The Kountze/E.C game was really and truly amazing......i mean during the fourth quarter it was just huge battle....E.C was goliath and Kountze was david...kountze was picked to get stomped on all over and they got all them good players and stuff but, kountze charged at them and with everything they got! E.C did not expect that at all, as well as most people did...If you havent checked out a game in the lions den then you missed out...There has been really good games produced there...like i said in another thread that these last two weeks of the regular season is gonna be wild and kountze struck that match tonight and burn all that fear. Tonight was the perfect example that if you have faith and you play with heart then you can win at anything not only for the game of football but be a winner in life!

Team Stats

East Chambers    Kountze

Total yards            287                323

First downs            10                  13

Rushes/Yds          32/159          57/286

Average rush          4.97              5.02

Comp/Atts            5/11              2/3

Pass yards            128                37

Comp pct            45.45              66.67

Punts                    2                    3

Punting Yards          64                105

Punting Average      32                  35

Fumbles/Lost          1/1                3/2

Penalties-yards      5-40              9-65

Buna      4-1

Hardin    4-1

E-C        4-1

Kountze 3-2

If Kountze wins against Deweyville and Hardin beats E-C Then Buna goes big school and Hardin and KOUNTZE go.E-C would be out by tie breaker to Kountze. What a great district and one more exciting week to go.

After the Buna/E-C game it is hard to not be flat and both teams were tonight. Deweyville took it to Buna for 3 quarters but Buna held on in the fourth with 19 unanswered points. Congrats Kountze and looking forward to the last week in district 24-2A.

congrats kountze.... and for all of our injured boys, please, please get better!!!  I do have one question and I'm not trying to start anything... i just need to know.... when there is an offensive penalty with a minute left is the clock suppose to run or stop? because kountze had two offside penalties and they ran the clock for 30 secs on one and then stopped the clock on the other?  I was just confused?  I honestly don't know which one is right.. does anyone know what you are suppose to do?

Buna      4-1

Hardin    4-1

E-C        4-1

Kountze 3-2

If Kountze wins against Deweyville and Hardin beats E-C Then Buna goes big school and Hardin and KOUNTZE go.E-C would be out by tie breaker to Kountze. What a great district and one more exciting week to go.

After the Buna/E-C game it is hard to not be flat and both teams were tonight. Deweyville took it to Buna for 3 quarters but Buna held on in the fourth with 19 unanswered points. Congrats Kountze and looking forward to the last week in district 24-2A.

Bobcat55, you sound like someone that called in on radio station klvi.

congrats kountze.... and for all of our injured boys, please, please get better!!!  I do have one question and I'm not trying to start anything... i just need to know.... when there is an offensive penalty with a minute left is the clock suppose to run or stop? because kountze had two offside penalties and they ran the clock for 30 secs on one and then stopped the clock on the other?  I was just confused?  I honestly don't know which one is right.. does anyone know what you are suppose to do?

Well before those plays kounte had ran the ball which caused the clock to tick away and they jumped offsides and they put the ball back and started the clock...kountze seized that

yep.. kountze brought the hat.. he runs out of bounds every chance he gets. doesnt like contact much, does he?? he finished the first half and didnt play much in the second.

I haven't seen him yet and hope to see the Hardin/EC game next Friday, but if he is as hyped up like everyone makes him out to be then he probably does run out of bounds every chance he gets b/c he wants to get a scholarship to a good school (can't fault him for that since a serious injury could derail that) and due to the fact that every school that plays EC is going to key on him when he is on offense, the risk of injury is increased.

Dang, got off track there for a sec....Congrats Kountze...sounds like it was a good game!

I haven't seen him yet and hope to see the Hardin/EC game next Friday, but if he is as hyped up like everyone makes him out to be then he probably does run out of bounds every chance he gets b/c he wants to get a scholarship to a good school (can't fault him for that since a serious injury could derail that) and due to the fact that every school that plays EC is going to key on him when he is on offense, the risk of injury is increased.

Dang, got off track there for a sec....Congrats Kountze...sounds like it was a good game!

it was an outstanding game.. and the contact thing wasnt just on offense.. people hype him up as a DB.. he dont even like to hit. lol the Ec/ Hardin game will be a good one!!! PULLIN for Hardin so we can get that last playoff spot!!!

We here in Buna told everyone after playing Kountze and Hardin that other teams had better pay attention to these 2 teams! Both play with a lot of heart and skill.

These teams bring everything they've got! Looks like the Lions showed up once again last night!

Congrats to all the Kountze fans and players!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder