Bridge City Wins 21-3A Junior High District Championship Game 14-6.

Guest Orangeboy

Guest Orangeboy

BC's 8th grade goes undefeated in Middle School. Now they try to stay undefeated in basketball. Closest they came to losing last year was a one point win over Silsbee. GO BIG RED!!!

There gonna need more than Thompson to beat these BC kids....trust me.....

I would take that bet. Not being ugly against BC, it just seems like something happens between Jr. high and high school football. I'm not saying BC won't win any but keep a running tally of wins once they hit high school. If nothing else it will give us something to do. Congratulations to BC 8th grade and WOS 7th grade for winning their district championship.

They'll have it. The coaching staff at the HS level will have them ready to dominate. Besides, BC only won 14-6. It's not unheard of for BC to beat WO-S at the Jr. High and JV levels - just the varsity level ;)

I was able to watch the 8th grade matchup last night.  Congrats to BC on the win.  Is #21 (QB) kin to Johnny Dishon?  He looked pretty good.

Our (WO-S) future looks real good when you combine the freshmen group with this 8th grade team.  Give them their time with Cornell and the rest of the staff and good things will happen.

You do realize that kids develop at different rates and a lot could change between the 8th and 12th grades.  Middle school, freshmen, and even JV district championships do not automatically translate in to varsity district championships.

Fortunes can change either way for each of these schools by that time.

I would take that bet. Not being ugly against BC, it just seems like something happens between Jr. high and high school football. I'm not saying BC won't win any but keep a running tally of wins once they hit high school. If nothing else it will give us something to do. Congratulations to BC 8th grade and WOS 7th grade for winning their district championship.

Over the years alot of players that would be starting.  Quit and go strictly baseball, were the injury risk drops of drasticly. And the chance to play at the next level increases.  To play college football you have to either be really big or really fast.  To play baseball,  if your willing to out work the next guy. You have a chance to play.   

You do realize that kids develop at different rates and a lot could change between the 8th and 12th grades.  Middle school, freshmen, and even JV district championships do not automatically translate in to varsity district championships.

Fortunes can change either way for each of these schools by that time.

Yeah last year's Bridge City's Sophomores on JV went 8-2 and made it to the district championship vs WO-S.. this year they  went 0-10, but I think they're gonna surprise some people next year when it's a level playing field..

If anyone has watched WO-S this year...they will be good next year too...at 8th-12th grade levels.  Not sure about 7th, but I wouldn't doubt it.  They will counter most anything that BC will have to throw at them.  Trust me...we have plenty of talent and time for them to develop under Coach T... ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder