Montgomery 13 Nederland 4 Final..Montgomery Advances

Let me get this straight. You are making fun of people who are debating on the internet and you post a picture of a handicapped kid and referring to him as a retard? That's really not very funny in my book and, but for the grace of God, there go you. If you have nothing of substance to add to the debate, I suggest you go to another thread.

Who did this??

Guest Penny

Totally agree... no place for that.

As for Baddog... I pretty much sit on the sidelines and read on this board, but the minute after Nederland gets bounces you question something that was absolutely ridiculous. Question something Robbins actually did incorrect, like he should've bunted here or hit and run there, but to question whether he had prepared his team for a three game series... that's just laughable.

He had his team peeking at the right time, they just didn't get the job done. As for your post, it makes no sense. You say, don't blame the pitchers when the fielders are booting balls left and right... then you ask if it was because they hadn't pitched in months??? I don't get that. What does an infielder booting a ball have to do with when a pitcher's last start was?

..."Sure is tough to see an "L" put by a pitcher's name when he is doing his job creating ground ball outs, and the defense can't deliver. When routine outs end up scoring on you, you're in big trouble. These two guys hadn't pitched in more than a month. Were we prepared for a best-of-three series?"

Hey when it comes to losses everyone eventually has one unless you win it all. As for second guessing what a coach should have done and should not have done, well that is why he or she gets paid. They make the decisions for the team not you the looky loo.........Everyone can and always will monday morning quarterback when a team loses on the playoffs. Right or wrong it will happen. As for the sensitivity for some posters on here, ya gotta toughen up, just cause someone on here calls you classless doesnt mean a thing...........Water off a ducks back my friend.

Gee Penny, I guess you can't handle two questions at once. They were seperate. I guess I should have said 'also' in front of my third sentence. Absolutely nothing I said is laughable, except maybe to you. I have not bashed anyone on here, just questioned some decisions during a game. If that ruffles your feathers, then so be it.

If a coach feels that his pitcher is not throwing his best stuff (walks, passed balls, base hits...etc) he may make a switch. Excellent call. If he has a batter who is not producing at the plate and his bat is up in the next inning where he really needs a hit, he may pinch-hit. Excellent call. If he has a defensive player who is making error on top of error, he may want to make a switch. Excellent call. All of these are tough calls to make, but in order to give yourself a chance to win, you have to make them.

I think you take me the wrong way. Just because someone questions a coach, doesn't mean he is not pulling for his team. Heck, that's exactly what I am doing. I would like to get past the 3rd round. If that is where you are comfortable, then ok.

Good post bigred. I agree that being called classless is not so bad, just taking my stance. I bet every looky loo (I like that) has questioned a call from time to time, just not voiced it. (No one will own up to it though). I'm through with this topic. I have said my peace and I am ready for the tar and feathers which I am sure will ensue.

No tar and feathers from me......I agree questioning a call from time to time, but as for losing a game though its tough to say that one or two things might have changed the whole thing, heck it might have, but in the end that is the way it is. Its tough to support a team, and also agree with everything all the time, but you gotta have faith in the coach unless they totally prove to be incompetent, which as we have all seen from time to time can be so. I am not saying it is wrong to question, just doesn't really do anyone any good I guess..............

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124