HOT TOPIC: Who Would You Want As The Next LU Football Coach?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me, or not it doesn't matter. McNeese State is a DI (FCS) power and in Lake Charles game-days are events not just games. Plus, with your thought process Coach Tidwell made a major mistake leaving TCU for little ole Lamar. It's about getting an opportunity. Yes someone, somewhere would love the chance to coach a Lamar University football team. 

I realize you do not think football is a great idea for Lamar and I very much appreciate your opinion. I just don't share it.

Best of luck to whatever school you graduated from or follow.

here's the difference, TCU and Lamar are both D-I in basketball, that wouldnt be the case now for football would it?  Thats the big difference between football and basketball is the number of D-I schools.  I'm all for LU playing football again, but I think some of the names being thrown around as possible coaching candidates are way over the top and unrealistic.  I'd attend some LU games depending upon work schedule and what other top 25 games are on at the same time.  Maybe take a page from the old Southern Miss playbook and play some games on Thursday nights or try to?

Florida Atlantic

Sunbelt

Comfortable in the Sunbelt, but could be targeted by CUSA if there were a Southwest conference split their.

Arkansas St

Sunbelt

Was on the list of candidates to join the WAC as replacements for Rice, Tulsa, SMU, UTEP, but passed over. Comfortable in the Sunbelt, but could be targeted by CUSA if there were a Southwest conference split their.

La. – Lafayette

Sunbelt

Was on the list of candidates to join the WAC as replacements for Rice, Tulsa, SMU, UTEP, but passed over. Comfortable in the Sunbelt, but could be targeted by CUSA if there were a Southwest conference split their.

Troy State Sunbelt

Comfortable in the Sunbelt, but could be targeted by CUSA if there were a Southwest conference split their.

May 25, 2003: Officially joined the Sunbelt for all-sports

Middle Tennessee St.

Sunbelt

Was on the list of candidates to join the WAC as replacements for Rice, Tulsa, SMU, UTEP, but passed over.

Possible: Has been mentioned as a candidate to join the MAC.

North Texas

Sunbelt

On the list of candidates to join the WAC as replacements for Rice, Tulsa, SMU, and UTEP. Considered highly by CUSA before they eventually chose UTEP.

Probable: Remains in Sunbelt

La. – Monroe

Sunbelt

Just joined the Sunbelt for all sports in 2005-2006.

Florida International Sunbelt Comfortable in the Sunbelt, but could be targeted by CUSA if there were a Southwest conference split their.

http://collegesportsinfo.com/conference-realignment-grid/

Guest coachacola

Lamar will be D1 FCS in football for a minimum of two years, like the rest of the SLC schools, only Lamar will be independent.  Then in then summer of 2012 they'll need to declare their intent to go FBS, probably at the same time they get an invite to the "new" Southwest Conference (or Sunbelt, or who knows what FBS conference).  That's the same route UTSA plans to take according to their football feasiblity study.

Guest abovetherim

Personally, I think a conference of Texas schools would be exciting to watch. El Paso, UH, SMU, Baylor, Lamar, UH, Rice, and UTSA come to mind.

Guest coachacola

I think the CUSA is probably more unstable than the Sunbelt.  They're not much better in football, and take out Memphis, their basketball isn't much better either.  I think Lamar, UTSA, and Texas State are going to be involved in the next round of conference shakeups in 2012.  And this is the reason why a coach like R.C. Slocum would be interested in coming to Lamar.

Everybody except Baylor is right. Baylor has too much money. I heard TCU instead of Baylor.

I think we will go independent for a few years also. As long as let people know what our long term plan is (FBS) Then people need to sit back, be patient, and support them. If we do this the right way, who knows we might be the next USF in 10 years!!

Yep, Baylor is very happy being the big 12 pass around...

TCU, I don't know. Air Force may go Independent, WAC and MWC could lose members causing them to merge. TCU would be stuck

out of place. So maybe TCU, although they won't be happy about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124