Sportsmanship

Guest Jags

Guest PIRATEFAITHFUL JR.

If a white guy wrote that then he would be fired, and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be having news confrences outside his office..Interesting article though

Guest maverick24

This is a Dumb Racist article why should any team of any sport have to be any certain percentage of White or Black or any other race.  This is a guy just trying to start trouble THATS MY JOB!!!  I live in Lumberton and dont care what percent our team is Black or White if they can just play the game.

How is it racist? A black guy that is criticizing some current black athletes for the way he perceives their antics is hardly racism. That is just an opinion. If he would have said that all blacks are stupid or all blacks bring the game down, then you could say it was racist.

He brought up who he thought was great black athletes by the way they carried themselves and the way they protested. He looks up to the way they acted. Is that racist? He then brought up other black athletes, mentioned their stupid behavior and said that is why he didn't like them. Racism?

Just because race is mentioned in an opinion does not automatically mean that it is racism. Everyone has the right to agree or disagree with Whitlock's opinion but don't try to make it more than that, just an opinion. I don't think the guy is a racist.

Guest PIRATEFAITHFUL JR.

Those two Black coaches are some of the most respected men in the business.

They are great coaches and it is hard to see there players disrespect them like that..

the way i see it the guy who wrote this has his head opn straight. i learned a while back that i do have good black friends even if was raised to believe that blacks were not to be friends but just people you know. i began to look at it another way " i'm not racist , i don't like people who have bad attitudes or beieve that just beacause thier a certian race they should be treated diffrent.

i'll help as long as you help too , but don't think i'm going to look the other way just beacause you can run a low 40

or shoot 3's all day.

oh by the way daddy always said " dog bite you once dogs fault , dog bite you twice your fault , third time he dies ".

Guest maverick24

The reason I said he was a racist was because he seemed up set saying that FB use to be 70% black on most tams and he acted upset that some had close to 50-50 and was almost upset that the two top teams were almost 50% white. When I think we all know there are just as many a$$ holes that are white in sports as black. I have seen Payton yell at a team member and no one says anything If Owens or Moss did it they were blowing up  and disrespecting the game. Thats all I am saying It was my opinion that he jumped on a topic that he knew he would get lots of support for because Some people love to Hate Owens Johnson or Moss. It is just my opinion!

Race is always applied to a situation, when it's negative media. Chad, Micheal, Larry ect.... Need to take responsibility for there actions. It's ironic when these headlines come out, it's Black players playing star rolls. They do need to grow up. I'm black and this is how I feel. You are making all that money and for what are you complaining. Both coaches have been successful. Who's really to say they are the problems. They can only coach not play the game. They can't live the lives of these players. This problem also exsist in other proffesional sports. Koby is a whiner. I think the journalist is just calling it how he see it, and I am in agreement.

Guest WBFan09

is he really complaining because the NFL will be less black...? i mean the tone he uses portrays that he is upset that the majority of the NFL wont be black...the thing is i dont see anything changing TO may be distractions for former teams but for the boys right now he is playing the game i dont think there is a problem here...these are individuals and what this guy doesnt realize is that it doesnt reflect everyone of a certain race or group...we have too long placed the actions of an individual on the shoulders of others...i dont see Amobi Okoye doing this....Reggie Bush has never had this kind of problem...Ahman Green has never been mentioned in these things...Marvin Harrison is he trouble for a team...teams see it this way yes there are those guys out there who need to realize PERSONAL mistakes but the fact is teams are not gonna stop drafting or playing black players because a few have problems on and off the field...

Guest Eagle73

I think the author is trying to draw more of a parallel between the culture he sees as detrimental and sports antics he sees as detrimental. He mentions hip hop as being both socially and sports related in his opinion. It has to do more with respect than anything else. It's hard to get respect if you don't give it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124