pre-game prayer

Do you feel that pre-game prayer is neccesary?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel that pre-game prayer is neccesary?

• Yes
    • No
    • dont care

Guest maverick24

Dont think it should be mandatory I dont think it makes a Dif. Who wins. I do how ever believe that it is your right to Pray about anything that moves you I like seeing a Prayer with a group of young men or women.

I beleive prayer before games is good. If someone doesn't want to pray, it's certainly their right not to. We could get carried away with "what this country was founded on" and all that, but to stick to the topic, when could talking to God be bad?  Just my opinion. :)

well said

I think that prayer is a way to acknowledge that God is sovereign Lord over the game. It is a way to show honor to the one who gives us our breath. It offers divine protection to the players coaches and fans. I think prayer is not in our society anymore because not all but  a lot of people feel that God and prayer are irrelevant. For centuries past it was assumed that God was there and watched over society as a whole... It really makes me sad that america is almost in a post christian era.

I think that prayer is a way to acknowledge that God is sovereign Lord over the game. It is a way to show honor to the one who gives us our breath. It offers divine protection to the players coaches and fans. I think prayer is not in our society anymore because not all but  a lot of people feel that God and prayer are irrelevant. For centuries past it was assumed that God was there and watched over society as a whole... It really makes me sad that america is almost in a post christian era.

Dang! I thought my post was good. Well said 1111. ;)

I think that prayer is a great thing before a game.  One Pet Peeve for me is.  I can't understand why younge men and women during the National Anthem will not take off their hats.  To me its a sign of disrespect to this nation.  I will normally say something if they are close enough. It just gets my goat when I see that.

I believe that the ultimate priority is to place God first. The Bible says "Seek Ye First the kingdom of GOD and all of these things shall be added unto you".  Think about it, how can you go wrong by doing this simple act of reverance for the LORD. I also think that it would be cool to see the teams run out, and pray in the middle of the field after doing so they could then get all psyched and pumped up!!!! That would be cool. ;D

I've never failed to see a group of players and coaches who didn't kneel and pray when one of their teamates or oponents were down on the field with a serious injury.  All smack talk aside, when we are faced with a situation that is beyond our control, that is when we realize that God is God and we are not.  DME1111, please pray for the Raiders this week.   I won't ask you to pray for them when they play your beloved Bulldogs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami