• Ozen
    • Central
    • Dayton
    • LCM
    • Nederland
    • Vidor
    • Lumberton
    • PNG

Man, come on guys.  Let's be realistic here.  Just take a moment to look at last year.  Now anyone who has followed HS hoops for at least 5 years will know that Ozen is head and shoulders above all the other teams in this district.  They have the talent and the coaching on a totaly different level.  Last year, IMO, was their most nontalented team.  They went on to win district again under the best coaching effort I've ever seen by Boutte, and went on to state.  Then that team were young guns with only 1 senior starting.  That team comes back with that state run experience. With that being said....

1. Ozen (by a landslide)

2. Central (we have the athletes but Coaches always fold to Ozen's for some strange reason)

3. Dayton ( They have athletes but last years team didnt' show me any jumpshooters)

4. Nederland (They have Vidor's old coach who a few years ago beat Ozen 3 times in 1 year)

5. Vidor (Those kids work hard in the offseason to get the fundimentals down.  They will win some games)

6. LC-M ( a few years ago, they made the playoffs with a dominant big man down low.  They don't have that this year, and will struggle to keep their heads above water)

7. Lumberton ( Just traditionaly not proven to be able to compete with anyone in this district.)

8. PN-G (stick to football)

Ozen.... Just wanted everyone to know Nederland put in a new floor in the Dog Dome....looks great!  Hope everyone can go check it out during the Bulldog Classic in early December.  I think all the games will be played in the dome.....

Good for Ned.  When Ozen puts up a C-note, they'll do it on a brand new shiny floor....

And on that note, if y'all think Ned will make the playoffs in B-ball, I have some beach from property in New Mexico I'd like to show ya....

Yes those teams did beat our JV. PN-G had a great shooter on JV as well as Nederland. I talked to Coach Abel and Coach English about those kids and they said they will definately be threats on Varsity this year. Does anyone might know the names of those 2 kids? I remember PN-G's shooter was #11 or 12. I can't remember the Nederlands shooter though.

Yes those teams did beat our JV. PN-G had a great shooter on JV as well as Nederland. I talked to Coach Abel and Coach English about those kids and they said they will definately be threats on Varsity this year. Does anyone might know the names of those 2 kids? I remember PN-G's shooter was #11 or 12. I can't remember the Nederlands shooter though.

Nederland's shooter you're thinking of is probably Evan Fitch.

Coop?  Soulja?  I am appaulled that so manty on this thread pick Central outside of the top three.  Central has only missed the playoffs once since I have been envolved with HS sports and it was in 5A 96'-97' (regional final the next year!!!!).  Vidor has been competitive and so have LCM and Dayton but I can't and wont even phatom Central outside of the top three!

Coop?  Soulja?  I am appaulled that so manty on this thread pick Central outside of the top three.  Central has only missed the playoffs once since I have been envolved with HS sports and it was in 5A 96'-97' (regional final the next year!!!!).  Vidor has been competitive and so have LCM and Dayton but I can't and wont even phatom Central outside of the top three!

Yea, we'll make the playoffs, but the question is will this be the year we beat Ozen?  Not likely.  Our best chance was last year, IMO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder