Can Dayton still make the playoffs?/When does Green come back?

Guest TravelingBandsman

I believe so. Dayton is prime position to win out which will tie them for first or put them at second. I believe Green is out for the season.

22-4A

Lumberton Raiders (6-0, 3-0)

Port Neches-Groves Indians (4-2, 3-0)

Dayton Broncos (3-3, 2-1)

Nederland Bulldogs (5-1, 2-1)

Beaumont Central Jaguars (3-3, 1-2)

Beaumont Ozen Panthers (2-4, 1-2)

Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears (1-5, 0-3)

Vidor Pirates (1-5, 0-3)

Here is Dayton's remaining schedule:

Oct. 19 @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville*

Oct. 26 Central*

Nov. 2 @ Nederland*

Nov. 9 Port Neches-Groves*

I believe so. Dayton is prime position to win out which will tie them for first or put them at second. I believe Green is out for the season.

Must have been injured more seriously than thought of before. You know what, that game with Lumberton vs PNG has a bit more meaning to it now, I dont think PNG beats Dayton, that district might come down to a freaking coin flip----AGAIN if you remember.....  I know Coop remembers.

Green is out for the year.

Lumberton is very lucky they played Dayton first.

Dayton is a much better team now.

There are four teams with one loss or less...

Lumberton, PN-G, Nederland, and Dayton.

Probably a sure bet that three of those four represent the district.

Dayton has a very good chance to be one of the three.

Going to the playoffs is more of a process of eliminating teams than winning. Five teams will be knocked out of the playoffs in this 8 team district.

Vidor and LC-M are all but eliminated. With three losses, they may already be out but Nederland did make it last year with three losses.

Central and Ozen are on the verge of being eliminated. They can stay in the race but both have to pretty much win out.

There are four other teams with no more than one loss and still 4 games each to go and several of them are with each other. Dayton is right there and could even win district. All four of those teams still control their own destiny. The other four teams probably need some help along the way from the other teams.

Must have been injured more seriously than thought of before. You know what, that game with Lumberton vs PNG has a bit more meaning to it now, I dont think PNG beats Dayton, that district might come down to a freaking coin flip----AGAIN if you remember.....   I know Coop remembers.

Detached ligament in his ankle, he is doing good though. Next year he will be playing 2 seasons worth in 1.  ;D

Dayton will not be left out this year

Ned looses to Dayton and beats Lumberton

Lumberton already beat Dayton, but looses to PNG and Nederland

PNG looses to Dayton but beats Lumberton

Dayton beats PNG and Nederland, looses to Lumberton

PNG -6-1 Plays Crosby

NED-5-2 Big School plays Galena Park

Dayton-6-1 plays Barbers Hill

Guest TravelingBandsman

Dayton will not be left out this year

Ned looses to Dayton and beats Lumberton

Lumberton already beat Dayton, but looses to PNG and Nederland

PNG looses to Dayton but beats Lumberton

Dayton beats PNG and Lumberton, looses to Lumberton

PNG -6-1 Plays Crosby

NED-6-1 Big School plays Galena Park

Dayton-6-1 plays Barbers Hill

Two things, we can't beat Lumberton this year because they already beat us, you're looking for Nederland. Also, Nederland wouldn't be 6-1 in this case, they'd be 5-2. I still think it would be awesome to go up against Barbers Hill in Bi-District.

Guest TravelingBandsman

So this would be made possible if Barbers Hill is the DII-R team and Crosby is the DII-W team. Judging by how things are going, that seems like it will be the case, and Dayton and Port Neches-Groves will have to be consecutively W and R for DII.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124