new players next season in 21-3A

Guest BC boy 17

Guest Orangeboy

The Silsbee outfield will look different this year. Also, there will be a new face starting behind the plate for the first time in 4 years.

Who is the front runner for that job? ???

I'm not sure. It will most likely be between Bird and Dobbins. Bird played a little last year as DH. But you never know, McDonald is pretty stout behind the plate and so is Moss so it could really be anyone. It just depends on how the coaches line Silsbee up. 8)

Guest Orangeboy

I'm not sure. It will most likely be between Bird and Dobbins. Bird played a little last year as DH. But you never know, McDonald is pretty stout behind the plate and so is Moss so it could really be anyone. It just depends on how the coaches line Silsbee up. 8)

So basically its a catcher by committee in the Swamp this year? ;D

Oh ok, I just see it as a hardwood flat but ok, lol! I just wasn't sure, I'm used to calling my old homefield the swamp, Gators. But it is fitting, the drainage system got screwed up by one of the coaches after the field was built, I think. Ever since it has usually been flooded through a good part of the season. So back to the subject. ;D 8)

• 1 month later...

I would Very Shocked if Dobbins got the job, Bird should be the front runner right now, However I am sure Coach Trawhon will be working with on getting some younger guy's some time behind the plate also. I can't remember if there was any decent sophmore or freshman catchers last year but I do know there is one freshman this year that does a pretty good job he just needs some experiance.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn