The total package

If any team from this area has a chance to go to Austin this year it would be Silsbee.  I may be off, but the only downfall to Silsbee may be their height.  I don't remember them having anyone with real good size.  However, I think they make up for their lack of size with their athletism and defense.  I like their coach also, he gets the best out of those girls.  Silsbee can make it to regionals, but their are some very good teams in Region III.  Should be a fun season, I'm ready!!

I totally agree with you Cat22.  Silsbee has some very good talent and some great athletes as well.  Bob Kellum does a great job and their tradition is rich.  I'm not sure about Austin, like you said, their are some very good teams in this regiin.

HJ will be stronger than last year. They will be stronger at the post position and they are returning some very quick guards.  I would not put them in Austin but I think they will contend for the district championship.  I hear all of their bb girls are running cross country so they will at least be able to run with you.

I agree CoachKfan.  HJ will be a team to watch also.  Don't they have almost everyone back, plus they do have that big girl back.  I heard she had never played until last year.  Is that correct?  If so she should be better with a year of varsity experience under her belt.  I like Coach Sims she knows her stuff. I can see them winning this district this year.  They will give Silsbee trouble.  I think this district can have two teams at regionals again this year like it has the past two years.

Ok, I'm gonna be a homer here, but don't count out Orangefield.  They don't return alot of players with varsity experience, but if some of those younger girls step up they could compete for the district championship.  From what little I've seen from Coach Jost, he is a disciplinarian.

the big girl from HJ played a little her freshman year on jv but hurt her knee.  she is raw talent.  HJ lost one starter.  they return everyone else. They have a ki, post player, back who went to Kelly her freshman year and a guard back that went to Cathederal.  Both will help them.

NEVER count Orangefield out!!!  I agree.  the kids are competitive and proud.  It is going to be a great race in that district.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with you Cat22.  Silsbee has some very good talent and some great athletes as well.  Bob Kellum does a great job and their tradition is rich.  I'm not sure about Austin, like you said, their are some very good teams in this regiin.

HJ will be stronger than last year. They will be stronger at the post position and they are returning some very quick guards.  I would not put them in Austin but I think they will contend for the district championship.  I hear all of their bb girls are running cross country so they will at least be able to run with you.

KILLAM .... it's Bob Killam.....  I think people get his named confused with Demetria Kellum...

• 3 weeks later...

HJ has a very good team this year and are going to turn a lot of heads. They have a lot of talent at all positions with heght, quickness, and a really good point guard to lead them. The one thing they haven't had for a while is a bench but, they will be 10 strong all with different talents to help their team. If you don't like HJ I'm sorry because they could go all the way!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed