Silsbee 4 BH 3 Final In Game 1

Guest Jody

3-2 BH on error..Silsbee coming to bat bottom of the 6th.

Cool, that is good news. Been over on the downlow, still some nice folks there. Go Eagles. Need 5 more in 6th.

Who has homefield?

Guest Jody

Congratulations to Silsbee. Sorry Jody' date=' we all know you cannot control your jinx. :([/quote']

It's not the Jinx. It's that foul air East of the Trinity River. Any hope the Trinity and Sabine are fault lines and the whole mass between might just sink 3000 feet?

Great pitching by Schooling of Silsbee and Hales from BH. Tigers make their 2 hits count and pull out 4-3 win.

Strange coaching on Barbers Hill with scored tied 3-3 in bottom of 6th, Tigers with man on 3rd with one out. Silsbee was no doubt thinking squeeze but BH had their infield back, Silsbee hit routine grounder to 2nd, Tigers walk in for winning run.

Two great plays tonight, BH's SS goes up the middle and throws out runner to save run and top of 7th , Silsbee's LF makes the 1st out with leaping catch against wall.

Guest Jody

Great pitching by Schooling of Silsbee and Hales from BH. Tigers make their 2 hits count and pull out 4-3 win.

Strange coaching on Barbers Hill with scored tied 3-3 in bottom of 6th' date=' Tigers with man on 3rd with one out. Silsbee was no doubt thinking squeeze but BH had their infield back, Silsbee hit routine grounder to 2nd, Tigers walk in for winning run.

Two great plays tonight, BH's SS goes up the middle and throws out runner to save run and top of 7th , Silsbee's LF makes the 1st out with leaping catch against wall.[/quote']

Trust me on this one, he is a football coach first. I am amazed at some of the decisions made or even worse not made. Not pulling the infield in to get the quick out is often a oversight or a bad decision, one of the two. The base running is also a BIG question mark sometimes.

Regardless, I am glad to hear who pitched, as we have two other really good pitchers to follow. Their a yong team and make a lot of errors, but that will go away with time, hopefully.

BH will pull out the next two, as with a slight hick-up in pitching, our bats can come alive to get the runs.

Good luck to both teams. Sure would be nice to have a game somewhere close to home........Geez!

Congrats to Silsbee on game 1. And as Ernie used to say "Let's play 2" on Saturday.

A little different perspective on the grounder to second. I'm not saying that the infield shouldn't have been playing up but it wasn't just a routine grounder to second. If the 2B had been playing up, his positioning would have had him more up the middle than toward first. For those who weren't there, the ball was a chopper hit toward the hole heading to right field. There is a good chance the ball shoots through. If the 2B does get to it, he gloves it as the ball is going up and his body is moving toward first base. Thus with the runner going, he is going to have to make a great throw on the run. Usually this tends to make a fielder's throw go toward the 1st base side of the plate not the 3rd. The runner still has a good chance to be safe. I am not saying that we can't make that play but that it is not cut and dry that the runner would have been gunned at the plate.

Game 2 should be just as good.

I could be wrong but both SS should take the mound tonight. that will put some pressure on both defenses.

The SS from Silsbee had a very clutch hit late, and the SS from BH made an unbelivable play at short last night. He might have been charged with a couple of errors but I really thought both throws should have been picked, or a least blocked to keep Silsbee from scoring.

Here is the write up from Eagle sports. Sounds like either team was lucky to come out with a win.

Well I have heard of Christmas in July but what I watched was 2 teams that seemed to have begun the gift giving much, much too early. With 5 of the 7 runs scored being unearned, Silsbee took theirs for a 4-3 win over Barbers Hill. The best of 3 series will continue Saturday at Lamar's Vincent Beck Stadium at 1 p.m.

With Barbers Hill holding a 1-0 lead, Silsbee began the bottom of the 3rd with a walk. After several throws to first, the Silsbee runner took off for second moments ahead of BH pitcher Ross Hales' throw to first base. The relay to second was too late to get the runner. The batter then grounded out, sending the Tiger runner to 3rd. BH looked as though they would escape when Hales struck out the next batter and got a grounder to short. But the throw skipped past first allowing the tying run to score. The next batter hit a slow chopper behind the mound. Barbers Hill shortstop charge the ball and made a quick throw to first. But the ball once again got past first and rolled toward down the right field line. The Sisbee runner who was attempting to steal on the pitch scored easily to put Silsbee up 2-1.

Barbers Hill would tie the game in the fourth on a single by Octavio Carmona, a walk to Jake Ponder and a RBI single by pitcher Ross Hales. In the 5th, a BH opportunity went by the wayside as Chase Barerra scampered all the way to third on a steal and an errant throw by the catcher. But the home plate umpire ruled that Colby Townley inteferred with the throw to second. Barerra was called out ending the inning.

In the 6th, it was Silsbee's turn to gift wrap a run. Cameron Campbell was awarded a hit on a shot past the shortstop. Campbell then advanced to 2nd on a wild pitch. Two pitches later when the ball bounced in front of the catcher, Campbell scooted for 3rd. The catcher attempted to get Campbell but his throw could not be handled and Campbell raced home with putting the Eagles back in front at 3-2.

In the bottom of the frame, the Tigers quickly regained the lead. The first batter reached on an other throwing error. The next batter got Silsbee 2nd and last hit with a RBI double to right center. A sacrificed bunt put the runner on third. The winning run then scored on a ground out, second to first. BH then was retired in order in the top of the 7th giving Silsbee a 1-0 lead in the match-up.

For the night, BH had 3 runs on 7 hits and committed 3 costly errors. Silsbee had 4 runs with 2 hits and committed 1 error.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics