East Chambers Area Opponent

TXBBQDude

44 minutes ago, jdns said:

gotcha, just watched the Columbus game.  The edge looked weak on the run, if so, that will be very bad for Yoakum.  They WERE ranked #9 in week 3 so they are going to be a good gauge going forward if EC moves on the next round!

Yoakum Special Teams was horrible that game too EC has been phenomenal on Special Teams.  They also fell for the QB bootleg a ton and you cant do that with Jacoby.  #75 for them is a load i would guess coach would run away from his side most of the night although he is more of a space taker than a disruptive force.    

I've got family from that area and Yoakum is a different team from year's past. McGregor had the wheels come off. One thing to remember is that once the playoffs start it's a brand new game. They got to this point for a reason.  Same as us. Should have played them in 2018, but o well. Looking forward to a good game. Safe travels my friends.

Coach will have Yoakum prepared to ground and pound and use the clock to his advantage. It will be very simple: EC stops the run and gets off the field on 3rd downs it will be an easy win. If Yoakum gets momentum in the run game and finds a weakness in a certain area of the line, it will be a very close game. 

With that said, EC is better prepared to stop the run than a potent passing attack imo. EC by 21.

On 11/18/2020 at 2:48 PM, jdns said:

gotcha, just watched the Columbus game.  The edge looked weak on the run, if so, that will be very bad for Yoakum.  They WERE ranked #9 in week 3 so they are going to be a good gauge going forward if EC moves on the next round!

Yes I notice that the defense end (#19 if I remember correct) crash down every play and that will hurt them.