Bridge City @ Hardin Jefferson

Guest A-TOWN

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say the game is up for grabs. If BC has a better night on defense then they have a chance. I really do not know a lot about HJ but I think the tallenet will be more even for this game. If the defense does not play any better than it has then HJ will win. In the first BC scrimmage coach Stump said that the guys really swarmed to the. Well I don't think that is happening now. I saw some film on channel 6 of the Lumberton game and it looked like some of the defenders were scared to get hit. Even if you don't think you can bring down the ball carrier you should grab ahold of him and slow him down and wait for help. BC's biggest problems seems to be the defense and the offensive line. I hope they start to get it together soon or they are in danger of an 0-10 season.

HJ has played 3 solid games of defense...they slipped up against EC because they were on the field about 20 out of the 24 minutes of the 1st half...2nd half was a little better HJ moved the ball but it was too late in the ballgame...those 11 for HJ-D are players and make plays keep up the good work fellas...

Guest RedBirdFan85

yeah too many interceptions, every week its the same thing at  the beginning when its 0-0 BC has a chance to start tthe game winning, but there's always an interception, or a fumble, then the game goes down from there for the rest of the game.when were in the red zone we need to jsut make sure we can get the 6, even if we just run it every play, too many turnovers cost us, but district is a fresh start and anything can happen from this game on... but this is a MUST win game for BC if they plan on making any noise THIS year, I'll be pulling for BC all the way no matter what this year, but I think we can be doing better than we are so far..should be at least 1-2 so far.. ill say BC 21 HJ 17 in a close one..go BC!!

Unless BC figures out that in order to tackle someone, you need to actually hit the person and wrap up, this could be a winless season.  You cannot arm tackle kids at this level.  I noticed it in the Liberty game and cofirmed it in the Kelly game.  That is all those kids do.  Someone said it earlier in this post.  It's almost like the kids on defense are scared to get hit.  If they don't change that, HJ along with everyone else wins.  If the coaches can get them to learn the fundamentals of tackling, then BC will pull it out.  I really don't think it's the scheme, because the kids are where they need to be, but when you try to tackle a guy like he was a leper, then you have a problem.

BC will score plenty of points against the botton-tier teams in District.  The problem will be not letting the opponent score MORE points.

If the Defense doesn't improve drastically, and soon, they will be 0-fer.

And please don't think I'm bashing players OR coaches - I'm just making an observation.  I will be at every game, and stay 'til the last play is over to support my team.  I KNOW these kids are giving it everything they have, from the first play to the last - I just know that the result on the field right now will not let us be successful without some changes.

And Coach Stump - I'm VERY glad you're here, with the rest of the staff.  I just wish your style would had gotten here sooner!

Guest car ramrod

H-J wins because of #3.  If BC could not tackle kids from Lumberton, they will not tackle #3.  H-J's D needs a better game than the one I saw against EC last week.  Once EC quit playing around with new plays and new formations, H-J could not stop them.

BATTLE OF THE OLD DISTRICT 21-3A, Hawks will be looking for an upset and Bridge City will be looking for there first win of the season, ima say one of them is going to win by 1 pt prediction

H-J or BC- Winner wins by 1 pt 21 to 20

BC will score plenty of points against the botton-tier teams in District.  The problem will be not letting the opponent score MORE points.

If the Defense doesn't improve drastically, and soon, they will be 0-fer.

And please don't think I'm bashing players OR coaches - I'm just making an observation.  I will be at every game, and stay 'til the last play is over to support my team.  I KNOW these kids are giving it everything they have, from the first play to the last - I just know that the result on the field right now will not let us be successful without some changes.

And Coach Stump - I'm VERY glad you're here, with the rest of the staff.  I just wish your style would had gotten here sooner!

Isn't BC now one of those bottom tier teams now along with HJ and Orangefield.  My bet is that the last four look like this at the end of the year:

5---HF

6---HJ

7---BC

8---Orangefield

Guest RedBirdFan85

Isn't BC now one of those bottom tier teams now along with HJ and Orangefield.  My bet is that the last four look like this at the end of the year:

5---HF

6---HJ

7---BC

8---Orangefield

well it doesnt matter what you think anyways...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder