Carthage @ Newton

Guest A-TOWN

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen Carthage play but talking to some folks involved in the Carthage school system it sounds like Carthage will be throwing the ball more than they normally do.

If anyone saw the Silsbee game you'll know that Newton's defensive backfield (and Newton in general) lucked out when Silsbee dropped 3 passes that should have easily been caught.

The point being if Newton's defensive backs don't perform and if Carthage has sucess playing "pass and catch" then the outcome may be negative for Newton.

On the flip side, Newton's defensive line can put pressure on QB's causing hurried passes and Newton has some success getting a hand on PAT's and Field Goals...

Sooo.... I'm guessing closer that expected but Newton by a "few" at the end...

Haven't seen Carthage play but talking to some folks involved in the Carthage school system it sounds like Carthage will be throwing the ball more than they normally do.

If anyone saw the Silsbee game you'll know that Newton's defensive backfield (and Newton in general) lucked out when Silsbee dropped 3 passes that should have easily been caught.

The point being if Newton's defensive backs don't perform and if Carthage has sucess playing "pass and catch" then the outcome may be negative for Newton.

On the flip side, Newton's defensive line can put pressure on QB's causing hurried passes and Newton has some success getting a hand on PAT's and Field Goals...

Sooo.... I'm guessing closer that expected but Newton by a "few" at the end...

Well, we put pressure on him all night and he still had success. Like I said before, Newton will be tested and this game will definely have them ready for district. I'm rooting for Newton, but Carthage is dangerous and Newton don't need to turn the ball over much because Carthage offense is really good. This will probably be the fastest team they have faced so far. :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder