Good HJ Article

KFDM COOP

Last year's game at HJ was a barn burner. EC controlled the first half then our lack of depth became a huge factor in the second half allowing HJ to overtake the lead.

EC was very lucky to get out of there with the W.

I expect Friday's game will be as competitive but hopefully not as exciting. To paraphrase a quote from a movie "I'm too old for this sh*t!"  ;D

Guest ECBucFan

Yes. The reason I mention HJ being over 2X larger than EC was the depth. EC ran out to a big lead early, but a fresh HJ rallied huge late in the game as EC wore out. Not blaming EC conditioning, though. Bucs had numerous injuries then, along with being less than half HJ's size...

EC, too, was the team that "wouldn't quit". That exhausted, shorthanded EC group dug down and pulled it out in a heartstopping ending. Thank you Brock Williams for making that incredible catch!   

This is a good article about the team and they are a reflection of the coach for sure. I can not say enough good things about David. I think he is a great coach and even a better person. While he was here in Anahuac everybody thought a lot of David and we were sure sad to see him go when he did. They are in what has to be one of the toughest districts in the state and he always has his kids ready to play. Good luck to coach Martel and his Hawks this year!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124