Newton and Jasper

Guest pilot

Guest tigersvoice

I'll just throw this out there:

Maybe Jasper was more concerned with working on different parts of their game than actually winning the game?  I don't know.  I wasn't there.  Then again maybe Jasper just has much further to go than I thought.

Good luck the rest of the year Newton.

I know that you qualified your statement but I can't see Jasper picking the game against their arch-rivals (how far apart are they, 15 miles?) as the game to be "Working on different parts . . ."  I'm sure that Coach Brooks intended to win, not just work on things.  Now, let's see, we play Newton next week at Newton after losing our PNG game 43 to zip  :-[ at home.  I'm calling Coach Barbay to see if he will just work on a few things next week.  :P ;D

Jasper's offense just couldnt get anything started. every time we dropped back to throw there was a d-lineman in our qb's face. Newton did a great job of putting pressure on our qb and making him make quick decisions. and their secondary did a great job of covering in man

I know that you qualified your statement but I can't see Jasper picking the game against their arch-rivals (how far apart are they, 15 miles?) as the game to be "Working on different parts . . ."  I'm sure that Coach Brooks intended to win, not just work on things.  Now, let's see, we play Newton next week at Newton after losing our PNG game 43 to zip  :-[ at home.  I'm calling Coach Barbay to see if he will just work on a few things next week.  :P ;D

No offense, but Coach Brooks is more concerned with getting better than winning a non-district game...especially considering the district we're in.  That said, Newton was the better team...by far.  I was just making that suggestion based on the assessment of other posters.

;D ;D ;D  YALL TRIPPPING!!!!

I still hate the spread offense and wish Jasper would go to something different in order to utilize that big O line.  Anyway, Newton looked much improved and played like a totally different team than they did against Crockett.  IMO Crockett was not as good as Jasper and Jasper should do well once district starts.  Good game Eagles and lets go Dawgs!

I still hate the spread offense and wish Jasper would go to something different in order to utilize that big O line.  Anyway, Newton looked much improved and played like a totally different team than they did against Crockett.  IMO Crockett was not as good as Jasper and Jasper should do well once district starts.  Good game Eagles and lets go Dawgs!

I hate it too. Bring back the veer... ;D

The spread is a good offense in some cases. My view from the stands is different than from the field. Thought Jasper picked poor times to try to throw the ball. Jasper running backs have a lot of speed, but need to run north-south more. Good luck to both teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124