Newton and Jasper

Guest pilot

Just came from the game  35-6 Newton.  Jasper couldnt run or throw the ball tonight.  play calling seemed a little disfunctional tonight.  seemed like Jasper had to pass or had to run  they were forcing everything.  Then there is Newton.  You cant stop Mclamore with arm tackles.  when you saftey is on every tackle something is wrong.  we seemed to defend the pass by just running, not turning around to see were the ball is, just running with the reciever.....ops speaking of passing everytime we thru the ball the Jasper recievers became defenders.  Our passes were lobbed up in the air.  Newton is good,  but Jasper needs work.  JMO

Summation: Newton played hard on both sides of the ball, running backs followed & waited on blocks this week. Defense was better but not so good that Jasper should have been held to one TD.

Jasper looked sluggish after Newton went up a couple touchdowns. Jasper showed some flashes of success running the ball but seemed intent on throwing after they had some success running the ball. Couldn't figure that out...

Summation: Newton played hard on both sides of the ball, running backs followed & waited on blocks this week. Defense was better but not so good that Jasper should have been held to one TD.

Jasper looked sluggish after Newton went up a couple touchdowns. Jasper showed some flashes of success running the ball but seemed intent on throwing after they had some success running the ball. Couldn't figure that out...

I'll just throw this out there:

Maybe Jasper was more concerned with working on different parts of their game than actually winning the game?  I don't know.  I wasn't there.  Then again maybe Jasper just has much further to go than I thought.

Good luck the rest of the year Newton.

I think most us thought it would be close. Newton's scheme is very simple but efficient and they hit you in mouth, its not good enough for them to break in your house steal your tv, their going to steal you food and eat your table to; if you know what I mean. Barbay and his staff deseves much credit and their kids played very hard and intense.  I would like to see Jasper develop some offensive identfy and it better happen fast as district is fast approaching.

Jasper has some good kids and good athletes. They "should" be better than what showed tonight. Jasper has a week off to get things together for Kirbyville. If I had one single suggestion, I would say use the run more with the talent Jasper has.

Last week was the same for Newton, they were flat and looked imtimidated by a team Newton should have been a lot closer to.

Newton usually isn't at their best early in the season. They tend to get better later...

Guest EagleFan01

Newton was very strong tonight, O-line did great running backs did a great job this week waiting on the blocks to set up recievers did a good job of blocking and catching passes, defense was very good made some big plays and some hard hits. Oh and scooter Newton is good enough to shut out Jasper, the dogs scored on Newton's second and third teamers with like minute and a half left in the game. Good Job Eagles!!!!

That sounds like a team that has no confidence. :(

That's what I took from it, too. It's amazing how a school that has won as much as we have over the years has seemingly forgotten how to win. Once that becomes the culture, it takes a long time to get the mojo back. It's still early, but we need to find a way to beat K'ville in a couple of weeks to gain some momentum for the rest of the schedule.

That's what I took from it, too. It's amazing how a school that has won as much as we have over the years has seemingly forgotten how to win. Once that becomes the culture, it takes a long time to get the mojo back. It's still early, but we need to find a way to beat K'ville in a couple of weeks to gain some momentum for the rest of the schedule.

;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124