Interesting Tidbit and an occurance that will be a first

Here is the big reason they are ranked:

#7 La Marque 19 PN-G 0

#17 Crosby 7 PN-G 0

and those are the current state wide rankings you see.

In the last two years other than PN-G this year, two other teams have held La Marque to fewer than 20 points. Friendswood and Pearland.. both at the time were ranked opponents. Not even Waco could accomplish that feat.

Crosby is one of the better teams in the state and region this year.

Sure, PN-G has yet to score, but look at who they have faced. Both Crosby and La Marque have top notch defenses.

In response to Caney Creek, they were in the exact spot last week PN-G is in now.. 15th in the region. Caney Creek was put there at 1-0 and lost this past week to an average Oak Ridge team.. why should they continue to stay there? they were put there after they beat LC-M, who was on the watch list for the regional rankings.

makes sense to me...Just an odd set of circumstances.

I will say this though. Friendswood holding them to less than 20 is not a huge deal as say PNG simply because when you play someone year in and year out like Friendswood vs. LaMarque, you get a feel for that and everyone knows that kinda game is usually always a barnburner.

Here is the big reason they are ranked:

#7 La Marque 19 PN-G 0

#17 Crosby 7 PN-G 0

and those are the current state wide rankings you see.

In the last two years other than PN-G this year, two other teams have held La Marque to fewer than 20 points. Friendswood and Pearland.. both at the time were ranked opponents. Not even Waco could accomplish that feat.

Crosby is one of the better teams in the state and region this year.

Sure, PN-G has yet to score, but look at who they have faced. Both Crosby and La Marque have top notch defenses.

In response to Caney Creek, they were in the exact spot last week PN-G is in now.. 15th in the region. Caney Creek was put there at 1-0 and lost this past week to an average Oak Ridge team.. why should they continue to stay there? they were put there after they beat LC-M, who was on the watch list for the regional rankings.

Oak Ridge may be average in your opinion, but they're a 5A team and it was a rival game.  Since you want to make your argument based on PN-G's strength of schedule.  Again, where's Ozen who played 2 5A playoff teams and about to play a 3rd????

Quit crying the guy's that did the rankings are you guessed it, our home field ref's ;D We've played two decent teams, but I have to agree that we shouldn't be ranked. Also, I thought our defense was pretty good until I read the PA News and we're like second to last in the district so far in total defense ??? I'm just being real on this one

• 2 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont