Nederland vs Baytown Police

Guest kingme2007

First of all, I gotta agree with shark here.  What's your angle?  Number two, were you there?  I was twenty feet from the incident as it happened. 

As I (try to) remember it, Nederland had just been knocked out of the play-offs by Brazosport.  There was a huuuuge call towards the end of the game - either a goal by Nederland was disallowed or a B-port goal was called late by the linesman.  So after the game W.L. from Nederland went to the officials locker room to "discuss" the call but the door was locked.  As he went back to the team's post game huddle, the officials left the locker room and went into the parking lot, so W.L. went back to once again "discuss" the situation.  Right before he got out of the gate, the on duty officier - who was wearing a jacket over his uniform - tried to stop W.L. from going after the officials by grabbing his shoulder.  An already upset teen-ager just got grabbed by who he thought was a stranger, so he reacted by throwing the officiers hand off of him and saying something like, "Don't effin' touch me."  The officier looked like Lane Frost at this point and had W.L on the ground and cuffed in less than 8 seconds.  The second Nederland player I assume you are talking about is M.M.?  Don't think he was arrested.  I think he got too close to the action and was temporarily restrained.

Is this how you remember it?

Bon_Mot I wish you and shark had not even responded to this post.  This thread serves no purpose, but to stir up anti-Ned posters...every school has skeletons in their closets.

If someone wants to get me fired up about Nederland here is the way to do it.

2003 season-Bon_Mot's and my first district meeting at our place.  We go on top 1 nothing (this turns out to be the only district goal scored on Nederland all year, i think?) Nederland ties it back up and we go to a shoot out.  Nederland has the advantage over us and we fall short of what clearly would have been a MAJOR upset.  Bon_Mot and his team were excited with the win and they handled it with class.  I still have nightmares about that one...and that is why I love to hate Nederland.

Bon_Mot I wish you and shark had not even responded to this post.  This thread serves no purpose, but to stir up anti-Ned posters...every school has skeletons in their closets.

If someone wants to get me fired up about Nederland here is the way to do it.

2003 season-Bon_Mot's and my first district meeting at our place.  We go on top 1 nothing (this turns out to be the only district goal scored on Nederland all year, i think?) Nederland ties it back up and we go to a shoot out.  Nederland has the advantage over us and we fall short of what clearly would have been a MAJOR upset.  Bon_Mot and his team were excited with the win and they handled it with class.  I still have nightmares about that one...and that is why I love to hate Nederland.

I was a freshman and remember going to watch that game with a few LCM players that were on my club team. Heck of a Game!!

That team did play awesome defense.  (Mostly due to shark's club coaching.  ;) )  One goal scored against in district - in the first minute of the first game!  Never gave up more than two goals in a game all year until...

Second round of the play-offs.  The Monday after Spring Break.  The previous weekend, some players decided to (allegedly) party like it was 1999 including an MIP or two, debilitating hang-overs, and one player even spent the week-end in the Crystal Beach Pokey!  And then we get a flat tire on the charter bus on the way to Charles St. in Humble, so we have to load kids up with parents who had been following us.  AND we get to face the leading scorer in the greater Houston area from Rosenberg Terry.  It was just a perfect storm of events, really.  With two goals on set pieces (DIVES!!!  >:() by Sud Boy from Terry, the score is tied 2-2 until we hack him down in the box with 00:53 on the clock.  He gets his third, our season is over, and everyone is jubuliant because everybody really does hate Nederland, don't they.

Hey coaches, our fate is in the hands of fourteen to eighteen year olds!  And people look surprised when they see how grey-haired I've become!

Guest kingme2007

What is the point of this post? 

The purpose of this post was to ask:

Anyone remember a couple of big ned soccer players getting arrested after a game around 99 or so?

Hello King,

I thought that was the point. Simple question.

Simple answer is YES.

I remember this sad event in which several Soccer players got roughed up in Baytown. I didn't measure the distance in feet, yards or meters I witnessed it from so maybe the other poster knows more.

What else?

I remember this sad event in which several Soccer players got roughed up in Baytown.

I'm gonna say it again, it wasn't "several" it was no more than two

I didn't measure the distance in feet, yards or meters I witnessed it from so maybe the other poster knows more.

The next question I have for you is...What?!?!?!  ???

Guest kingme2007

Here's and idea, we disregard the reason that this post was started and then someone starts a topic,"Why we love to hate Nederland", and if you want you could even start one for other schools, so that would seemingly draw the attention away from a stupid comment, to a more intelligent and jestful topic.

Well said, Sir.  I heard Neumann and Flemming really did their jobs as faculty members to aid in this situation.

• 1 month later...
Guest kingme2007

The funny thing is, your post tells me that 60% of local talent gets rewarded.  How is this an elite group?  I was thinking top 10% would be pretty impressive.