WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back and all I can say is OMG it was fun.  Killed a nice 5x6 bull and a fair 5x5 deer, both on the first day of the hunt.  Killed my deer at 380 yds and guide called the bull in and shot him at 30 yds.  It was just like on tv, between two bulls bugling in the dark timber and the guide used a cow call to get them close.  The big herd bull had cows and wouldn't commit, stayed raking trees and bugling his challenge at 75 yds, but could only see parts of him through the trees.  The other bull thought he could slip in a steal the "lost" cow he was hearing, his last mistake.  He screamed and chuckled the whole way in and I was beginning to wonder if the ol nerves could take it but it's kind of hard to miss at 30 yds.  He appeared in the only opening that I could shoot through and I squeezed the trigger when the cross hairs settled on his front shoulder, thinking that I could break him down and drop him.....wrong.  He spun and crashed down through the timber, clearing a huge path on his way.  He only made it about 75 yds before dieing.  Shot him with .300 win mag using 180 gr Barns MRX bullets, broke front shoulder and rib, turned the lungs to gell, broke a rib on the off side before stopping in his thick hide. 

The weather was COLD!! Snow and rain for 2 days and lows in the low 20s...PERFECT.  Couldn't have been a better hunt.  If any of you get a chance to hunt Wyoming, book with Double YY Outfitters, well worth the money.  Will post pictures but cant figure out how...computer tard.

wyomingpictures07063.jpg

wyomingpictures07051.jpg

wyomingpictures07045.jpg

We were 20 miles south of Jackson Hole near Hoback Junction.  I have archery hunted Colorado for the past 10 yrs and NEVER saw elk and elk sign like I did there, it was unreal.  The elk population should remain steady there until the wolves move in sometime in the near future.  Guide said that the wolves are within 20 miles and that the residents and outfitters are very concerned because they can reduce the elk population by 40% in just a very short time and the federal government won't allow any kind of control. 

We were 20 miles south of Jackson Hole near Hoback Junction.  I have archery hunted Colorado for the past 10 yrs and NEVER saw elk and elk sign like I did there, it was unreal.  The elk population should remain steady there until the wolves move in sometime in the near future.  Guide said that the wolves are within 20 miles and that the residents and outfitters are very concerned because they can reduce the elk population by 40% in just a very short time and the federal government won't allow any kind of control. 

40%, dang!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami