who wins 24aa

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

granger  down low is why the guards had open looks. the open shots may not be so easy to come by this year

Warrens guards looks usually came off of screens.While I'll agree 100% that the game should be played inside out,the ball has to come back out when the defense collapses.That didn't happen last year.Warren had some excellent shooters last year who in some cases only took 2 or 3 shots a game,for them to be successful this year that can't happen.While Granger was definitely a hustler he didn't get many boards off missed 3's most of his offensive boards came on his own putbacks.Kinney was a huge part of that club last year but I think they will be better this year as a team.Regardless he was the only player that Warren lost and they return 7 of their top players.Should be a great race,the previous poster was right,it's Kountzes until someone beats em.

granger was big and strong but they will be better next year without a doubt witht the way sims and andrews and even mcbee have been shooting this summer they wont need many putbacks.......... find a solid point guard and they have a good shot at going far ....but make no doubt about it all of ECs Kountzes and warrens games will be decided by 7 pts or less ...

granger was big and strong but they will be better next year without a doubt witht the way sims and andrews and even mcbee have been shooting this summer they wont need many putbacks.......... find a solid point guard and they have a good shot at going far ....but make no doubt about it all of ECs Kountzes and warrens games will be decided by 7 pts or less ...

The point guard position is solid, Nash will do well again. The PG position was not the problem at Warren. Kountze had 5 players that were of college caliber starters and EC had MR. Tramain Thomas (respect) and some good help.  The 5 position was and is the question.  Warren did not have a inside-out game last year.  It was inside-inside, that "a changin". EC will still have Thomas, Warren will have 4 starters back and Kountze will have tradition.  It is going to be a war and 7 point spreads may be a bit much.

werren is going to have to play a very planned out game when they play ec and kountze because warren has good basketball players but they do not have the athletes that kountze or ec have so they are going to have to play a very structured type of game. and control the tempo to have a chance because if they try to run and gun with kountze or ec they will get beat by 20

unless the starters all foul out at halftime it will never be a 20 pt game..... and no the point guard position is not solid its decent kids a decent ball handler, a lil above average shooter but doesnt get it to the scorers when it needs to.....also his mental game hurts him a lot a few mistakes and you can tell it bothers him

so you are saying if warren try's to run with ec or kountze they could still keep it close?

ANSWER NO

EC is not a run and gun team either.I wouldn't expect Warren to try and run and gun with anyone.They will be very well coached and play to there strengths just as Kountze and EC will do.Both Warren and EC's games last year the scores were in the 60 point range.While Kountze did score in the 80's against Warren it was simply because they had the better club.They were hangin a 100 on everyone else in the district.When EC beat them they controlled the tempo and the score was in the 60's.My point is good basketball teams don't have to run and gun,they play to there strengths,just look at Ozen last year for an example.You may be right EC and Kountze may blow Warren out we'll just have to wait for the season to see.Just FYI EC and Warren have played 5 times in the last 3 years with EC having the edge 3-2.Kountze and Warren have played 2 and Kountze leads that 2-0.I think this district is gonna be close 1-6(sorry Buna) I wish it started today.Good luck to all the 24aa clubs.

those kids from warren are prety quick Mcbee can also jump verry high and if were talking about poeple geting up matt andrews can jump out of the gym just saying warren has some athelites but nobody gives them credit cause they are from warren well dont come on here crying when warren upsets kountze or EC even though it wont be an upset they expext to win

are you saying the best team didnt win before

I don't think that's what he was saying at all.Kountze won state last year so they were definitely the best team.While this years Kountze club will be very good alot of their guys graduated.I think anytime you have shooters like the Warren club you have a chance.The best team will win,who that is we won't know until February.Should be a real fun year in 24aa again.

There is no doubt that Kountze was the best team last year.  Their 5 starters have gone on to play at the next level.  And I celebrate that fact they were quality players that deserved it!  Yes, all will say Kountze will just reload and that is true but you have EC and Warren with bullets already in the gun.

Warren and EC usually play pretty close ballgames.EC won big last year at Winnie(19) and then by 10 at Warren.Over the last 3 seasons they have played 5 times with EC holding the edge 3-2.Hank will have the Bucs ready to roll with Tramain and Vance, someoneone will have to step up for Preston and Eugene but they will.The Lions and Warren I think are a little closer than some folks think.I think the basketball district is gonna be closer than the football is and thats tight.Can't wait.

If Warren over looks teams in district like they did last year they could lose a few more than they think. They came into Deweyville last year looking past the Pirates and went home with a loss. You will have to come ready to play every district game this year or at the end of the year you could find yourself staying home and whinning about the year.

yeh but from my past expirience when you went to deweyville to play it was 5 on 7 or 8 hard to beat those deweyville refs..... warren and dville played 4 times last yr i beleive and except for the one in dville the wariors won the other 3by 15 or more 2 wins on a neutral court......hmmm ... well i think its between EC and Warren... is Bray playing for kountze or not i heard he moved????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont