Week 1 East chambers at Orangefield predictions?

Guest bleed orange

Thats ok bobkat. I think people underestimate how good Buna really is and they underestimate the Bobcats to. No, we did not play very well last week. That happens sometimes. We may not win this week either but I guarantee you this our kids will play with intensity this week. Orangefield has never had the most talent but they play with a lot of heart and this team will be no different.

Guest jbseballfan

I thought you mentioned earlier that they didn't seem to play with much heart last week?  That's surprising because OF teams are usually scrappy if nothing else. 

I'm going to go with EC on this one.....no matter how hard others preach Morrison and company's idea of "preparedness."

Guest bleed orange

Touche' "jbseballfan", but now you are putting words in my mouth. I never said "heart" I said "intensity". I am a Bobcat and always will be. Sometimes these kids need to hear criticism in order to light a fire under their butts. Its does not work for everyone but the ones that have character it will. I know you will correct me if I am wrong because I have slept seen I wrote that post. If I am wrong I stand corrected. I better go check before you respond. ;D

Guest jbseballfan

Well, I'll admit maybe my words weren't exactly correct, but as an ex-athlete/ex-coach, I know you can't have intensity without emotion and enthusiasm. 

So, maybe we were both kinda right/kinda wrong? :-\

East Chambers (1-0) at Orangefield (0-1)

ORANGEFIELD — In knocking off Sheppard, 35-0, in its season opener, East Chambers had 416 yards total offense, while all-state quarterback Tramain Thomas had a great 2007 debut by scoring four touchdowns on runs of 24, 21, two and one yards.

The Bobcats will try to improve to 2-0 Friday night at Orangefield, a 35-12 loser to Buna in its opener.

Thomas rushed for 89 yards on nine carries with his longest going for 36 yards, while completing 5-of-7 passes for 77 yards and no interceptions.

While Thomas and his offensive teammates had their way with Sheppard, head coach Tony Valastro was really impressed with his team’s defense. “We’ve put a lot of emphasis on defense and it showed.â€

The Bucs held Sheppard to just 116 total offensive yards. Valastro singled out the play of linebacker Isaiah White, and defensive backs Anthony Ortiz and Quentin Joseph.

One of the big plusses in the win was the play of backup quarterback Trey Lambert. As the Bucs will keep their all-everything defensive back/quarterback Thomas on the field for every defensive play (including punts and kickoff returns), having a player like Lambert come in and give Thomas a breather at times is a positive.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa