D-VILLE in 08!!

They will compete. As far as starters I think the coach has a pretty good idea but nothing is in concrete! Bland will be a force inside and Jackson will be outside. One thing for sure whatever Pirate player is on the court he will be giving his all! Best of luck to the Pirates this coming season.

Guest orangeman

Deweyville will be an improved team from last year. Bland is a solid low post player and Jackson gives them a legitimate outside threat. Unfortunately, in district 24AA that just means that they are competing for 3rd. Good luck Pirates.

They will be competetive as long as Bland stays healty(heard thru the grapevine he broke a foot during a summer game) not sure about that.They will miss Bass tremendously as he was there best overall player.Jackson is a solid player but may struggle with his size against some of the bigger guards in the district.If Bland plays they will win some ballgames,without him it may be a long season.I don't see a playoff season in Deweyville in basketball but thats why they play the games.Their football club may be a horse of a different color.They will be pretty good.

Deweyville will be an improved team from last year. Bland is a solid low post player and Jackson gives them a legitimate outside threat. Unfortunately, in district 24AA that just means that they are competing for 3rd. Good luck Pirates.

Don't know about third place, Kountze will have something to say about that.

They will be competetive as long as Bland stays healty(heard thru the grapevine he broke a foot during a summer game) not sure about that.They will miss Bass tremendously as he was there best overall player.Jackson is a solid player but may struggle with his size against some of the bigger guards in the district.If Bland plays they will win some ballgames,without him it may be a long season.I don't see a playoff season in Deweyville in basketball but thats why they play the games.Their football club may be a horse of a different color.They will be pretty good.

No Kevin bland did not break his foot, but I think the Pirates are going to be alot better this year, and more faster with Caleb, and Jimmy folsom back!

Glad to hear Kevin is healthy.I hope the pirates do well this season.I think they will be better but I don't think speed is gonna be there game.To be successful they will have to use Bland inside where he can get some boards.Did Jimmy play with them at Beaumont last month?I know he was hurt last year and missed the season.I like to see everyone in our district play well, it makes for some real fun games to watch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124