Rockets point guard Alston arrested in New York

Rockets point guard Alston arrested in New York

Rafer Alston's long, hot summer continues. The Rockets point guard was arrested early Monday morning in New York City on charges he slashed a man's throat inside a nightclub.

It was the second bust in three weeks for the 31-year-old Alston, who was arrested on Aug. 5 in Houston following a confrontation with a parking attendant after his car was towed.

The latest incident occurred when a member of Alston's entourage got into an argument with 41-year-old Wilbert Ashman at a trendy nightclub called Stereo, according to the New York Post and Daily News.

The argument turned into a brawl and, according to Ashman, he was slashed on the right side of his neck. Alston was arrested and Ashman later picked him out of a police lineup.

"I'm really upset about it," Ashman's wife told the Daily News. "I can't believe it. I was like, 'Oh, my God, your throat.' "

Alston was unavailable for comment. The Rockets are preparing a statement.

A bouncer at the nightclub told the Daily News that Alston and his brother were involved in a fight, but that nobody was stabbed.

The previous arrest came after Alston reportedly shook and spit in the face of a downtown Houston parking attendant after becoming angry that his car had been towed. Alston said then that the charges were exaggerated by "individuals who stand to profit."

Alston is an eight-year NBA veteran and just finished his second season with the Rockets, where he started all 82 regular season and all seven playoff games. Alston averaged 13.3 points and 5.4 assists and played more minutes than anyone else on the team during the 2006-07 season.

Since the end of the season, the Rockets have traded for Mike James, drafted Aaron Brooks and signed free agent Steve Francis, all to compete for Alston's job

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124