WO-S 34 Vidor 7 Final/Game Scrimmage Final

WO-S has a long seeason ahead of them.....won't be easy just to make the playoffs playing like that....only time will tell how fast they grow up.........

I left in the 4th qtr but I liked the way we looked throwing the ball. It also looked like we made somewhat of an adjustment at the half and looked better in the 3rd qtr against the run.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running that Wing-T trickery-style gets you a lot of yards early on, but doesn't usually work consistently once the D figures you out. Vidor might make some noise, but won't make the playoffs.

A couple of  Vidor coaches left for lcm a few years ago . This is the same offensive scheme that you will see from lcm.

It's getting to be really big - either the spread or the Wing T (or some variation of). I know it works, but there's just so much trickery that I can take and still feel  like I watched a football game. Misdirection and slight of hand is what dime-store corner magicians do. I want to see some ballcarriers run through defenders or receivers burn their men with pure speed. Trickery is fun a few times a game, but as an all-game, every-play thing, blechh.

alot of the plays are sweeps and power plays that setup the "trickery".Basically all it is is a misdirection or some type of trap play .If you dont have the athletes or the skill to go to the spread ,and you have some kids that can run the ball why not run the wing-t?

Running that Wing-T trickery-style gets you a lot of yards early on, but doesn't usually work consistently once the D figures you out. Vidor might make some noise, but won't make the playoffs.

You run that wing-T right and no one can figure it out.  Liberty Hill has proven that time and time again.

Vidor continues to need to work on pass defense. They took there fullback out at halftime because they probably did not want him to get hurt like the other backs but WOS struggled to stop him the first half. WOS is a tough team anytime with a lot of speed and great athletes.

been a long long time since i have seen a fulback as good as vidor has.yes i agree with you this kid was a hadfull to bring down this kid is good and hope he will help vidor out this year and i think we will read his  name alot in the papers . just ask eny wo-s fan that was at the park  thay will tell you the same  GOOD LUCK VIDOR

The Wing-T is no so much about "trickery" as it is misdirection. The offense is based on setting up a certain play then running misdirection so to catch you over pursuing. The Wing-T run the right way with the right kind of O-line is very difficult to stop. Again, as always, it's success is based on matchups and discipline. It can be very effective against speed defenses (like WO-S) because they tend to over pursue at times. When they do, it results in big plays for the offense.

I think that it is a good offense to fit the personnel at Vidor. I thought they did a very good job against our D and I also think it was a very good learning experience for our young defense as we will see, at least, 2 more Wing-T offenses during the season.

at west orange -stark this is where it all starts with the young kids hooks knows it.the  kids love to see him come to thire games and the kids parents are very pleased to see dan hooks come watch thire kids  and the love dose not stop thire,as one kid told me last year as we were sitting watching a game he said  two me  ONE DAY I WILL BE A MUSTANG

Vidor has alot more kids then WOS.Vidor was rotating players in after the first qtr.and especially the second half.Wos was doing the same but had less kids to rotate.

A couple of Vidor players got hurt, and one played both ways I believe..Hopefully he wil be ok for St.Pius

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont