24-1a

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the post game from WH will suprise most people they wont put up big scores but they can play D WH has 2 post comming back from last year 1 of which gaurded BS post all 3 games and yes if im not mistaken in game 3 he held mickney to single digits but not trying to take any thing away from mickney he is a great player look for bs to make a deep run this year

First off I am going to start off with WH cuz sorry evadale, high island and sabine pass fans but unless something drastic happens I personally dont see it happening for ya'll  :-\. WH will finish 4th in 24 1a due to the world renown fact that Letsinger is gone and sadly enough copeland is not able to or mature enough to carry the team as letsinger did and for anything to happen for WH that is what he is going to have to do. 3rd place will go to Spurger, simply because they are not athletic at all aside from the post they have and he really isnt the "athletic" type, and they dont have what it takes which is fundalmentals to offset the lack of athleticism. 2nd will go to HD because if you watched any 24 1a basketball last year you would agree with me in saying that HD has an abundance of athleticism, and that is what kept them in the mix last year. Spurger would be able to contend with HD if they had any fundamentals about them whatsoever, Spurger will have to rely on their ability to be scrappy players and capitalize on opponents mistakes. Back to HD, all they lost last year was the big man and he will not be hard to replace since all he could do was rebound, and take up space in the lane. Last but certainly not least we have BS, the winners of 24 1a. With three of their starting five back, and though they lost 6 seniors only two started and two consitently came off the bench, as well as a ton of potential from the district champion JV team last year to back them up, no one until regionals possibly will be able to contend with this team. Expect great coaching as usual from Coach Kevin Foster, where discipline and fundamentals will reign supreme. BS has the quickness, court awareness and sense, and they just flat out know how to play the game and WIN! Enough said....

BS is definitely the team to beat but Spurger is gonna surprise some folks.Whittacre is a very good player and his brother even though a freshman will help.Some of these young guns for Spurger are pretty atheletic plus they have a good coach over there.Look for them and HD to split home and away(nobody hardly beats either team at home)and playoff for the second seed.

They had there big guy when I saw them and I saw Copeland play several times this summer.The big kid they have coming back is no match for BS post or Spurger's.Tyler will do a great job but I still say he has very little help.If they play 500 ball this year that will be a very successful season.

Its Hashaw. He's playing TE right now and filling out pretty well. Over the summer he's been lifting and can take a drop step and throw it down now. Hashaw and Copeland, along with their other posts. Yes, they lost Letsinger and Simmons, but they also lost Coach Fuller  :'(. WH will probably come in 4th, but I think they'll take a game from either Spurger or HD.

They will really have to work if they do.I think Copeland is the best player in the district but he will have to carry a huge load and defenses will be geared this year to slow him down.With the loss of Letsinger they will depend on him to get the ball down the floor and that will take its toll on the legs.Tomlinson will also be a huge loss as he gave them a scoring threat at the post.Losing any of the 3 (Letsinger,Simmons or Tomlinson would make it tough but all 3 and the coach makes it nearly impossible.That being said I hope they do well,I got a chance to follow them last year several times when our kids were'nt playing and really enjoyed watching them.

I think WH will suprise people Copeland is a great player

In the post they still have 2 big men from last year Laird and Hashaw they will be solid

What they will have to work on is the 2 gaurds that play along side Copeland and make them scoring threats because Tyler wont be able to come down and do the things he can do on "O" if those other gaurds cant make shots

Overall they will be a good defensive team and that will help in close games through the season

like coach said " Your "O" will come but your "D" will always be there" ;D I hope to see a good season out of these guys

1. BS  2. HD  3. Spurger/WH  Close race for number 3. WH does have Copeland and he will cause mismatches for Spurger, but won't be able to carry the team as Letsinger did. Spurger has a good post in Whittaker, WH will have difficulty in finding someone to guard him. Neither will have the athleticism to keep up with HD. BS wont have too much trouble getting the No. 1 spot, all-around good, solid players at BS, big post in McKinney on the inside and lights out speedsters on the wings.

Gonna be an exciting year for sure....cant wait!

I think a lot people is going change their minds about Spurger after they see these younger players in action. They are going to make this team better than they was last year.Spurger will win 50% more of there games just for fact of the depth they added this year. Still a very strong district, I believe it will be :1 BS,2 Spurger,3 HD.   

yes but spurger lost their other post he was a very big part of their team because 80% of the games he lead the team in rebounding. i know that the other whitteker(sp) kid is good but he is a freshman. so i dont think they will be any better than they were last year because they dont have any guards

Spurger will have two guards (a junior & a freshmen).  The freshmen, McGallion & Whittaker has played together since they we're in 2nd grade.  They both played on the varsity summer league team in Woodville this past summer.  Spurger will do just fine! 

Normally if you depend on freshmen at the varsity level you will be in trouble.That being said the Whitacre kid will give Spurger some quality minutes.They had a couple of young guards last year who will help them this season.I don't look for the other freshmen to be much of a factor.If they will get the ball to Phillip they will be successful against every club in the district but BS.the Pirates will return to the playoffs this year in the #2 spot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83