LLWS

I think they need to look at modifying the bats.  I watched some pretty weak swings carry out of the park.   If high school is limited to -3, it seems that some limit could be applied to little league/pony league etc. 

I agree. I seen one of the batters for Georgia swing with like one hand on the outside of the plate and the ball carried out of the park. It's dangerous with some of these bats.  I would also like to see the bases moved back some, maybe like 75 ft instead of 60 ft. I like what they did with the pitch counts, but now they need to get the bat's modified. Remember these are young kids.

i don't understand why the texas coach didn't start the 2nd lefty he had instead of the righty. i'm not trying to second guess a coach that has gone that deep in the world series, but the era against righties in the tournament was like 4.85 and the era for lefties was 1.35. like i said...i'm not trying to bash the coach, i was just curious to know what everyone else thought??? Third place in the world is still an awesome feat!!!! Congrats to all those kids.

i don't understand why the texas coach didn't start the 2nd lefty he had instead of the righty. i'm not trying to second guess a coach that has gone that deep in the world series, but the era against righties in the tournament was like 4.85 and the era for lefties was 1.35. like i said...i'm not trying to bash the coach, i was just curious to know what everyone else thought??? Third place in the world is still an awesome feat!!!! Congrats to all those kids.

I think the coach was trying to save the lefties for the world championship. Sometimes it's good strategy and sometimes not. If they won he would be a genius with the top pitchers ready for Japan, instead he went with the righty and lost. I think I throw whoever I can whether it's the best pitcher or all the pitchers to get to the final game, and then worry about who to throw. That's just my two cents.

I agree. Play to win the game and worry about the next game later, because if you don't there may not be a next game. I've helped coach a little league softball team to state a couple of times and that was all the coaches motto. You play to win the game and the next game, cross that bridge when it gets here.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami