Thoughts and Comments On Your Team After First Scrimmage?

I had (have) many question about our Warren team this year. We lost a great running game and just didn't know how we could recover from the loss of Esway.  I was really pleasantly suprised Saturday.  We do not have the dominant back but but some young guys have stepped up.  And we should be much better in the air.  IF the QB's can get the passes off a bit quicker we have some real speed in the recievers.  The best news, is our Defense is better.  Down side, not many out there, many playing both ways, and they better be in shape. 

1 of the coaches for HJ said after the game to the team that at first we didn't know what the speed of Diboll was. After a little ways into the game he said the defense adjusted and did alot better.

I think the running for HJ did pretty, and diboll went like 2 deep into playoffs. So, not too bad.

Guest EagleFan01

NEWTON WAS IMPRESSIVE, DEFENSE WAS FAST AND WAS GETTING TO THE FOOTBALL THE D-LINE HAS A GOOD PASS RUSH ALL NIGHT HAD HAZELWOOD RUNNING EVERYWHERE. OFFENSE WAS VERY IMPRESSIVE BUT COULDN'T REALLY TELL BECAUSE KIRBYVILLE STILL NEEDS ALOT OF IMPROVMENT ON DEFENSE.. WE RAN THE BALL WELL AND THREW IT WELL SO ALL TOGETHER GOOD DAY FOR NEWTON. STILL HAVE SOME THINGS TO WORK ON THOUGH.

Jasper looked good much improved from last year. The jasper backfield looked really good i thought.

Well, it's good to know we're going to be able to score this year, but how did the defense look? We can't expect to win many games if we're still giving up 26 ppg. It would be nice to get back in the 12-15 ppg range like we used to be almost every year.

My take on B. Lee vs. New Caney yesterday:

It seemed very productive the way the coaches ran it. Both teams split into 4 groups and worked together on different phases of the game. Then the teams went to their respective sidelines and alternated 12-play series starting at their own 30 yard line. As long as they made first downs you got to keep advancing up the field, but only for 12 plays.

The thing that stood out the most to me was the good, aggressive play of the Lee defense. Lee's "1" squad took the field 3 times (36 plays) and I think they gave up no scores and only 2 (maybe 3) first downs. All the defensive units played great (from a fan's perspective).

New Caney ran a spread and had a good scheme, but they're a mid-pack 4A school. Lee looked to have them out-gunned in the talent department.

All the Lee offenses moved the ball well. As a team I believe Lee had many first downs and scored 3 or 4 times.

Assuming we don't get it too hard from the hurricane, Galveston Ball will probably be a much better barometer (yep, it's a pun) to judge where Lee is at.

Great to hear Warren played well with the kids they had out hurt.May answer some questions about depth.I really think defensively they are gonna be better than last year.I heard the RB that had moved this summer came back and played well Saturday.Good news for the Warriors.

BH and WOS Scrimmage

BH looked good on the lines and the starting QB looked pretty good.  The secondary looked like they had no idea where to go or what to do.  WOS likes to air the ball out and BH obviously did not have the speed to cover them.  WOS won't do that against Dayton....no doubt.  Overall a below average team, as would be expected for returning just a few.

WOS looked good running the ball and they have some good receivers.  The running back was strong and had a low center of gravity, but not as fast as I expected (got ran down from behind by BH player).  Their line on both sides of the ball were dominated by BH.  The QB needs some work and can't depend on receivers running under hail-mary shots down field every night.  Overall an average team that will improve.

PS.  These type scrimmages suck for fans.  WOS 7 BH 0 in 12 minutes of play.

The WO-S lines were dominated? BH only crossed the 50 once all night after being spotted the ball on the 50.

As I've said, Garrett isn't a speedster, but doesn't need to be. He's been a solid starter for two years already and should have a monster year. WO-S's QB has improved since practices started, and I expect the growth to continue.

BH and WOS Scrimmage

(WO-S is) Overall a below average team...

Their line on both sides of the ball were dominated by BH. 

(BH is) Overall an average team that will improve.

Amazing...a "below average team" beat an "average team" who "dominated their line on both sides of the ball."  What are the odds? 

Alas, another ridiculous attempt to sound objective by bh89-2.  Jody, how can you enjoy the game of football when you know so little about it?  Stick to fishing.   

BHFAN and bh89-2 are now 2 for 2 in their annual tradition of "hate on WO-S" analysis.  Congratulations, guys.  You're batting 1.000 (that's a baseball term). 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83