*Texashsfootball 21 3A Preview/(Kirbyville Picked 4th)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worse than the Dave Campbell prediction??? Still taking Kirbyville as a joke huh??

Kirbyville isn't a joke, but neither are WO-S, Silsbee or Jasper. Any one of those four could end up sitting home. Better face facts - it's gonna be a dogfight. If you think Kville is a shoo in for a playoff spot, then I hope y'all's coach knows better. Actually, I don't.  8)

Kirbyville isn't a joke, but neither are WO-S, Silsbee or Jasper. Any one of those four could end up sitting home. Better face facts - it's gonna be a dogfight. If you think Kville is a shoo in for a playoff spot, then I hope y'all's coach knows better. Actually, I don't.  8)

Shoo in for the playoffs??? Thats the kind of attitude you guys had last year. I can't understand why a team that is loaded with skilled players is considered a 4th place team. Only reason why Jasper is suppose to be so good is because their  "New and Old" coach is back. But hey, they might surprise some people this year who knows??? I hope Dave Campbell is right about his predictions because you won't hear the end to this!!

Shoo in for the playoffs??? Thats the kind of attitude you guys had last year. I can't understand why a team that is loaded with skilled players is considered a 4th place team. Only reason why Jasper is suppose to be so good is because their  "New and Old" coach is back. But hey, they might surprise some people this year who knows??? I hope Dave Campbell is right about his predictions because you won't hear the end to this!!

No, Jasper had a very young team last year that got a full year of varsity experience, Tess (can I call you Tess?). Plus, Brooks (former WO-S coach) is a difference maker. If Kville wins district, you can gloat all you want even though most everyone acknowledges that it is a possibility. You're the only one claiming the outcome is already set in stone.

Why shouldn't we have had that attitude last year? We won our district games by an average of 41 points en route to our third straight district sweep.

Let's take a more in depth look at why the pre-season picks are what they are:  Keep an open mind now 'Balla.....

Kirbyville Wildcats

Aug. 31 @ Cleveland

Sept. 7 Carthage

Sept. 14 OPEN

Sept. 21 @ Liberty

Sept. 28 @ Jasper*

Oct. 5 West Orange-Stark*

Oct. 12 Orangefield*

Oct. 19 @ Hardin-Jefferson*

Oct. 26 Bridge City*

Nov. 2 @ Silsbee*

Nov. 9 Hamshire-Fannett*

All things are considered last years record, points for, points against and even home field advantage.

The wild card for Kirbyville this year is your defense... What has changed?  The coach. That is it.  Your offense was not the problem last year.  You scored well in most of your games, including Silsbee and Jasper.  But they gave up alot of points in almost every game that mattered.

Fix the defense and you will probably take second in the district.  You have homefield advantage when the 'Stangs come up there so win.  If you lose @ Jasper and then to WOS in your own house back to back then suffice to say you will most likely be playing for third.

Home field advantage does not swing well for you this year.  You got away games against 2 of the 3 teams that you need to beat. 

Like the write-up says.  Pay attention to your time and where it is being spent.  Spending it online jawing back and forth will not get K-Ville ready.  Hopefully none of the players are getting sucked into the void of trash talking.  You know where it got you last year.

Just My Opinion,.... Again.

NO DOUBT THAT JASPER CAME OUT WITH A BAD YEAR LAST YEAR.. MORE LIKE HORRIBLE.. BUT THAT WAS BECAUSE OF A COACH THAT DID NOTHING BUT WORK HIS PLAYERS OUT EVERY SINGLE DAY OF OFFSEASON, WE DID BENCH SQUAT POWERCLING AND INCLINE EVERY SINGLE DAY OF OFFSEASON.. THE THOUGHT WAS WHEN THEY HAD BIG RED,(6'5 280) AND SIRVENCENT(6'6 3somthing) AND JORRI (6'8 308) TO  BE SO STRONG THAT WE COULD RUN 2 OR 3 PLAYS AND WE COUDL BE SO STRONG THAT THEY JUST COULD NOT STOP US. WELL WHEN WE FOUND OUT THAT WE HAD SPEED TO MATCH OUR STRENGTH AND TEAMS WERE CATCHING ON TO WHAT OUR PLANS WERE AND WERE MATCHING OUR STRENGTH THEN WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT, I MEAN ITS HARD TO HAVE A MAN THAT RUNS A 4.4, 40 AND NOT THROW HIM THE BALL, ITS HARD TO HAVE 22 POSTIONS ON THE FIELD AND ONLY HAVE 12 OR 13 STARTERS, NOW THAT COACH BROOKS IS HERE IT WILL BE DIFFRENT STORY. HE SEES THE SPEED AND TALLENT THAT WAS OVERLOOKED WHILE COACH LAUVE WAS HERE, HE HAS NO FAVORITES HE SEES STRIGHT TALLENT, THE BEST WILL PLAY AND NOW WE HAVE AROUND 20 STARTERS, NO NEED FOR YOUR RUNNING BACK TO START AT D-END AND PLAY ON ALL SPECIAL TEAMS TOO.. IF IM WRONG PLEASE TELL ME.. BUT WE HAVE A SUPRISE FOR ALL TEAMS THIS YEAR, I PROMISE YOU THIS WE WILL LIVE UP TO THE HYPE. 

Well your right about that not being to much "hype" i mean you guys (wos) got all the hype lol but i mean we went from a nothing team to 4th in dave cambles magazine then to second behind wos in this preview, so i think there is a lil more hype than expected i mean think about it going from a 2 and 8 season to a playoff berth, thats a big leap but i mean i cant wait to strap up agains yall

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics