My guess--the best softball team is playing volleyball & cheerleading this fall!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which SB team or teams in the area don't allow kids to play other HS sports. I know with Blast Gold we had girls that played VB and BB. We had two mandatory practices a week during the fall and unless their were some schoolwork issues they were required to be there enough to improve their skill level. When softball was in season it had to be the priority. Even during HS softball we had optional practices 2 days a week for them to work on skills that were getting weaker. In the fall when we had exposure tournaments Melissa visited with her HS Basketball coach and told him she had a college exposure tournament to go to and that she had to miss a Saturday BB tournament. The coach new going in that there may be some conflict and agreed to allow this before she joined the team. He knew what her college opportunity was and was very supportive. There are some cases that it is not a good match between player and team but that would usually be because the goals of the 2 don't match.  In most cases the player has other priorities and softball is not the one at the top. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Guest WeedBegone

Now other Robert---I tend to focus and reward the positive ---there are enough negative folks around here to do the dirty work.  Of all people who visit this forum--your the last one that I thought would worry about having the right image. So please share with me where you are going with this.  Now the other other Robert deserves every thing he does not get. ;D

Not rid of you guys yall are just taking a short break!  Looking forward for the next tigers12 to come up!!!!    

Won't be another Tigers12.........You will have to order a new jersey #21 (the pro's don't play unless they get THEIR Number, so why can't she)........then I become Tigers21 ;D

Careful there Gander!  ;D

You hear alot of people talk about players be good players and even better people......well, here's one for the coach.....GREAT PERSON! I agree with MrsTigerCat.....it might be hard to leave town!

If you ask nicely, I'll come by on game days to make your lineup for you!

Can't argue with that!   :(

We will just have to make sure we wear Champion out this season!

He will be too tired to go to another job   :-*

And I thought you were agreeing with making the line up! Oh that's right, you're a young one! You do know I'm the official lineup maker - he only coaches who I tell him to play! ::) ;D

Guest bigcat

Champion is allways just a phone call away. Just ask some of his girls. He gets phone calls sometimes at 2:00 in the morning, from his girls , telling him how they played in tournament ball. If he did leave Silsbee, we would just go drag him back.

You hear alot of people talk about players be good players and even better people......well, here's one for the coach.....GREAT PERSON! I agree with MrsTigerCat.....it might be hard to leave town!

If you ask nicely, I'll come by on game days to make your lineup for you!

Not sure how the lineups will look with out you this year  ::)  But I know the books will never be the same.   

Hey Champion I'll leave the books to Mrs. TigerCat, just put a rake handle in my hands and I'll go to work. And just like bigcat said, We'll drag you back. Don't worry about Tiger12, he'll still be around, unless he comes to talk to you.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83