Revenge Games?

Guest Jags

Uhhh... No....

Uhhh... you can't see a joke when it hits you in the face. You forgot to paste the smiley I put at the end of it. I posted times we got our butts kicked by various teams. I guess you missed the parts of PN-G beating Nederland for almost 20 years in a row and Central wiping the floor with us last year. Everything doesn't have to be a confrontation. What a pity.

Nederland was one of the top teams in the State that year as well, it wouldn't have surprised me if they had taken it in to score.  They had a great power running game with Ramoine running behind a massive o-line and the ability to flip it to Yoder in open space.  It would've at least been fun to watch that one go down to gun as it should have, we ALL got robbed of seeing a fantastic finish in that one.  WOS had a great defense that year though, you are right, but I think the teams were evenly matched.

Uhhhh... I didn't miss the parts about PN-G and Central, but I must have missed the part where you implied that they got THEIR wins through some dishonest means. You did that with us and Vidor, who beat y'all straight up last year and were certainly the better team that night. Pity? How about hanging on to a loss for seven years? As bad calls go, it was pretty darn close in live action. The bottom line was that the Ned players quit when there had been no whistle. WO-S had VERY little offense that year. If they had been able to tackle Paul or recover the ball, they would have gotten the ball back and none of this would be haunting you. It would just be another loss to WO-S. Hopefully, they've started explaining the "don't stop until the whistle blows" at Nederland. ;)

.......... but I must have missed the part where you implied that they got THEIR wins through some dishonest means. You did that with us and Vidor, who beat y'all straight up last year and were certainly the better team that night. Pity? How about hanging on to a loss for seven years? .................

Dishonest? Gee dude, you are stretching a post made in humor way beyond the bounds of being rational. I would attempt to explain it but I think it would be a futile effort.

Go ahead and take your last shot and then let's try to get back to the topic.

Could care less about the outcome, just commenting, that is what we do here.  It didn't keep Nederland from putting itself in position to win a State Championship that year... water under the bridge.  I'd say the 2001 team must've learned it pretty well, they got the most out of every down from that team.

I didn't take a shot. Did you miss the smiley? You didn't paste in the smiley.

Sorry. I probably got too defensive. I admit.

But it's one of those things that was probably worse for us in a way than it was for y'all. I really believe we'd have stopped the drive. Almost every team that season got inside of our 20 at LEAST once, but the first TD allowed was in the 14th game of the season. If I'm right, then the turnover was as bad for us as it was for y'all.

Regardless, I apologize for my part in the ugliness.

This ain't ugly 92, it'll be okay.  Folks gearing up for the season.  But I do know folks in Nederland who will cry their eyes out and moan and bellyache all day over that call.  Doesn't do much good and doesn't change the quality of the game or the greatness of the two teams that played that night, it was fun to watch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124