755!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure do. They had people who kept the books back then. I can't produce the record now, but it was something we learned as we got along. Why is that so astonishing? Like I said, baseball is nothing but stats. They have stats for how players hit on certain nights of the week against left-handed pitching in August. If you're not a stat rat, then why do you watch baseball and keep up with pumpkinhead Barry Bonds?

Let's say I go along with that way of thinking just for the time being. After he sets the record, and there is no doubt he will, if he is found guilty of juicing, what will your stance be?

The federal grand jury is not on a witch hunt for Bonds. They have investigated several other players too. Bonds stands out because of the record.

I have answered the questions put before me with all honesty. Now answer mine.

Why is Bonds' personal trainer sitting in the hoosegow?

Guest ECBucFan

Then I'll be the first person on here to say congratulations. I like the guy and don't hold him accountable for anything.

How pathetic. How naieve. Look at any photo of Bonds, Sosa, McGuire, whoever, from their rookie/early days, and now. It is NOT normal for any skinny rookie to gain nearly 100lbs of cartoonish bulk muscle. Their HEADS don't even look the same, for cryin' out loud! Get your head out of the sand, and use common sense, people! 

Guest ECBucFan

Like to add one more thing: I like Jose Canseco. He was good enough to "come clean" and confess the obvious. The other players like BONDS were infuriated when JC told the truth about MLB steriod use. They want to continue to live the perposterous LIE that some of the stupid public is still gullible enough to swallow. 

I will say one thing about Ruth.  In 1927, arguably his greatest year offensively he hit 60 homers, batted .356 and slugged .772 with an OPS of 1.248 - that's ridiculous.  Ruth had three or four years that almost mirror those numbers.

And lots of people make the argument that Ruth wasn't playing against Latin American or African American players.  Well he was also facing better competition than Bonds faces.  In Ruth's heyday, there were only 16 teams in the bigs - 8 in each league.  So Ruth wasn't facing 5th starters like Wandy Rodriguez, Clay Hensley or Joe Blow outof AAA - he was facing the best arms in the game night in and night out. 

And he used up four or five years in boston pitching and didn't bat hardly at all.  Plus the first few years he was in New York the team played in the Polo Grounds which was cavernous (490' to Centerfield).  Babe Ruth was the greatest ball player that ever lived, hands down. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83