USMNT at Azteca 9/9

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=449477&cc=5901

It'll be interesting to see if the Mexicans decide to exchange jerseys and shake hands after the game since they've refused to do so for the past few years.  Here's a little explanation about ardido from Oswaldo Sanchez as to why he took a swipe at EJ last February and why the Mexicans have behaved the way they have:

"It gives me a lot of courage," he said, "because they make fun of us and enjoy it. It makes me angry that they make fun of me, it's true, and much more that they make fun of my country. Therefore I gave him a kick of ardido (rageful pride)." Ardido.

They can call it what they want.  They come off like petulant children and sore losers to me.  And maybe it's a cultural thing, but I'll never understand urine bombs, chants of "Osama",  or making disgusting claims about what you did to an opponent's mother or sister the night before as being "part of the game."

No predictions from me about the outcome until the rosters are announced.  It's a FIFA date so our EURO's should be available.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124