Demons first game in Orange could be their last

Guest 87CRU79

Chip Pierce is part owner, yes, but he is also the head coach. He has enough on his plate coaching the game. The other owner actually plays safety for the Demons.

When I went to the game, I sat on the home side. The Orange Police Officer made me put up my water jug. The visiting side didn't have much police enforcement. The Lake Charles team is in the wrong here by drinking on school property.

I guess it is accepteable to drink on school property in Lousiana.

Even if it doesnt happen again what's wrong with stepping up for your organization and simply saying those words...."It wont happen again!!" instead of saying it's the other coaches and fans responsibility......or even PD's responsibility.......just as in any organization it starts at the Head..they would at least gain respect for stepping up and fixing the problem.........If both are involved in the game maybe they should hire a third to take care of the things they are missing.......like communication

Let's say that I borrow a house from someone that uses this forum so that I can throw a party. It is larger than mine, has a nice patio for grilling and the pool is great.

When you return to your house it is trashed and you wonder why I didn't clean it up after you were kind enough to loan it to me. My response, "Well, I told the guests at the door not to make a mess so I am not responsible. By the way, can I be back at your house next weekend because I am throwing another party".

So is it the guests or me that is responsible and are you going to let me borrow your house again?

Personally, I don't know. I just thought the coach tried to make Hooks look bad. I think I'd say it this way:

I don't know who is to blame. I do know that you can't play here anymore.

Maybe they deserve another shot, but if it were to happen again, regardless of security, warnings, or guard dogs hanging from the bathroom ceiling, you're done.

Should we lay the entire blame at the doorstep of the headcoach or should we place part if not all at the other part owner/ GM's doorstep???

It does not matter what name(s) you attach to the Demon's problems. It can be the head coach, general manager, assistant manager, owner, part owner, etc. All that matters is that the organization is responsible for the upkeep of the property that they have been allowed to use.

It does not matter what name(s) you attach to the Demon's problems. It can be the head coach, general manager, assistant manager, owner, part owner, etc. All that matters is that the organization is responsible for the upkeep of the property that they have been allowed to use.

tvc184...I agree. The organization should have done a final walk thru after the game to ensure the property was left as they found it pregame.

Whew....well, I agree with several posts on here.

I think that this football team could be a good thing for Orange.  The Lake Charles team's owner should be notified as should the league's committee (if there is one).

If a police officer who was being PAID to do a job wasn't...well, I guess the only thing that you could do is not hire him again and spread the word to others about his "lax" style. 

Whoever organized the event is ultimately responsible for the behavior/actions of everyone in attendance.  That's just the way it is.  No excuses.  Just be responsible, apologetic and try to rectify the situation (if given another chance).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami