Your thought on records.

I'm alone in thinking this, but I think the champ of 21-3A will be undefeated in district. I don't know that there will be any "great" 22-4A teams this year, but I think Central and Dayton will make a run at the title. Dayton COULD be undefeated in district, with their only loss to WO-S ;)

(actually, I don't think we'll pull that one off this year, but that's just between you and me, keyboard)

For OUR district, I think the champ will be from the group of WO-S, Kirbyville or Silsbee. My honest opinion is that Kirbyville still has a bit of a mental block with WO-S and Silsbee. Silsbee and WO-S both lost a bunch of superstars but will replace them with future stars. I was a little pessimistic about our chances early in the offseason, but with the amazing work that our new young QB has shown and the return of mini Barry Sanders Depauldrick Garrett, my money would be on my Stangs this year. I really think the champ will be undefeated and the second-place team will just have the one loss to the champs. Probably the third place team will only have lost to the two above them.

HF could grow by leaps and bounds if they cure their pitiful offense.

HJ will have a great RB in Burrell, but there were too many things to fix last year to jump into contention this year. They should certainly be better, though.

Orangefield will have to cope with the loss of a three-year starter at QB, and Bridge City loses its superstar "Mr. Everything" in Dishon, not to mention dealing with the problems that have recently been brought to light in the media.

Jasper is the wild card. Last year's team was young, so they bring back experience. But, even for a young team, they were pretty darn bad. Brooks is a good coach (thanks to his time at WO-S ;)), but it remains to be seen whether his team grows with baby steps or with leaps and bounds.

What was the question again?

applauded. Keeping the info truth and honest. Very well put.

Yea for us at HJ, there is only a couple of players i am for sure at starting at certain positions. I have no idea what coach Martel has in store for us and what he thinks about each individual.

All I know is the type of offense we will mostly be running, but I'll keep that confidential.

WOS92- Do ya'll already know yall's plans for offense, defense, or who will be starting at most positions. Don't have to tell me, I just want a yes or no to see where we stand among how far behind we are.

All I really know are the starters we have returning, which you can find on the Enterprise's football stats site, and that Ortavious Hypolite will likely be the QB. He put up INCREDIBLE numbers passing during the state 7-on-7 tournament in College Station and is more of a Beasley-type QB than the drop-back passer we had last year in Bevil. I have heard that his passing needs some work but is good and improving, and I know that he can run like a maniac. Also, we have a great young receiver coming back up named Chase Adams and a kid named Tre Franks. To folks in HJ, that probably doesn't mean a lot, but his brothers recently played for us (one was a WR last year) and they are currently at Texas A&M (where brother Kerry is predicted by one site as "the next big thing") and at Texas Tech (where Jacoby, a Mustang last year, will play WR). Their father, Kerry Sr., played D1 football as well, so the bloodline is strong.

I'm guessing that you guys will see plenty of film before we meet, so really I'm not worried about keeping stuff confidential. I'll be honest. I'm just a fan, not a coach, so really all I can do is speculate.

The guy you have to stop this year is DPG. He has a chance at a D1 scholarship but hasn't locked it up, so he'll be even more focused.

I have a few friends at work from HJ, so I always root for y'all when we're not matched up. Honestly, it seemed like last year's game started off so badly for y'all that the guys on the field were just trying (very early) to not lose by too much. Otherwise, i'm sure it would have been much closer. I look forward to seeing Burrell run on the highlight shows - just hopefully not too much when we're there in person ;)

I don't even know what Burrell is doing this summer. He possibly could just be being lazy, but i do doubt it. Usually I hear things about him, but I really haven't seen him since summer started. ( being a student at HJ)

Since im a player at HJ I just don't want to come online and blurt stuff out about how our team is and things. Can just see on the film :).

We will also have a great speedy QB though, Elliot Deshotel. Very fast, but he had a kinda hard time a qb last year. He should be in with the pace this year and do alot better for the team. We have two good linebackers that should be able to slow down DPG up the middle. The game is at home this year so I will be able to watch it of course. (unless I'm playing in the game)  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder