**JASON HENRY GOING TO HD**...IT'S OFFICAL!!!!!!!

Feel bad for the Lumberton Players becasue they lost a good coach.......now they will have to try to get a coach that knows a lil  something about bball but thats Lumberton ISD fault for always losing descent coaches becasuse the.........Wonder who Lumberton gets now?????

IM ERXCITED FOR HD MAYBE THIS IS WHAT WE NEED TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THE TALENT WE HAVE. WHEN WE PLAYED WH IN WH WE WERE TIED WITH 3 MIN LEFT IN THE GAME AND I FEEL IF WE WERE BETTER COACHED MAYBE WE WOULD HAVE HAD A CHANCE, NOT TO SAY WE WOULD HAVE WON JUST HAD A BETTER CHANCE

IM ERXCITED FOR HD MAYBE THIS IS WHAT WE NEED TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THE TALENT WE HAVE. WHEN WE PLAYED WH IN WH WE WERE TIED WITH 3 MIN LEFT IN THE GAME AND I FEEL IF WE WERE BETTER COACHED MAYBE WE WOULD HAVE HAD A CHANCE, NOT TO SAY WE WOULD HAVE WON JUST HAD A BETTER CHANCE

I thought they had a chance.  WH was a very good BB  team.  Do not take anything away from them.

Guest DickVitale

0-0....Somebody was reading my mind!! :D....What makes him the basketball "messiah" all of a sudden?  Probably a good coach, but you guys are making H-D state champs WAY too prematurely! That's too much pressure for a coach who has not yet made the playoffs....You guys are calling for a state trip during what will be his first playoff appearance, period!  Give him some slack! (no pun intended! ;D)

OK enough with the bad-mouthing Reality.  I happen to respect what Coach Lilley came and did here for the basketball program.  In case you forgot your son has been to the playoffs his freshman and sophomore years.  And I think it is pretty good coaching just to have been tied up with West Hardin with 3 min. left, last year.  AT WEST HARDIN!!!  But lets also remember 2 years ago when HD had to beat Henry's Evadale team with Daws to secure a playoff spot.  And he did it with a lot of Freshmen and Sophomores.  So CSI if you read this good luck to you and it looks like you made the right choice, because apparently winning isn't good enough for some people.   

OK enough with the bad-mouthing Reality.  I happen to respect what Coach Lilley came and did here for the basketball program.  In case you forgot your son has been to the playoffs his freshman and sophomore years.  And I think it is pretty good coaching just to have been tied up with West Hardin with 3 min. left, last year.  AT WEST HARDIN!!!  But lets also remember 2 years ago when HD had to beat Henry's Evadale team with Daws to secure a playoff spot.  And he did it with a lot of Freshmen and Sophomores.  So CSI if you read this good luck to you and it looks like you made the right choice, because apparently winning isn't good enough for some people.   

Reality,

Looks like you put your foot in your mouth.

CAN H.D. OVER COME B.S. HOLD ON DIST.24A WITH THERE NEW COACH.

NO!!!!The simple truth is both clubs will be better because they are a year older with almost everyone returning.Coach Henry and Coach Foster are both very good coaches,as I said before Henry did more with less talent the last few years than just about anyone.With that being said Big Sandy has a real good post player and alot of depth at the guards.They will win that district this year with Spurger and HD battle for the next 2 seeds.It won't be fair to Jason to judge him by whether he win's district or not,he could do a great job and come in 2nd.I think BS and Spurger matchup better than BS vs HD.Whitacre vs Big Sandys big guy will be worth the price of admission.

Is Stappert still the coach @ Spurger?  If so, he coached Jason at WH.  That would be an interesting match-up.

And, I'll agree with whsalum, he is a good coach, but lets face it, he has his work cut out for him.  I wish him all the luck though.  He will definately have some talented athletes over ther though. 

I remember some of the kids in this group won a NATIONAL little dribblers title back when they were 3rd and 4th graders.  Not that this is relevant, but just another testament to how far some of these kids have been.

Good luck Jason, and HD.

Oh yea, good job Joe...

yea i guess i stuck my foot in my mouth , it sounded different in my head. everyone is saying henery is a good coach and lilly would tell you he was new at coaching varsity basketball. so i was saying maybe experence would help. and if you read my mess i did not take any thing away from wh, i said not to say we would win just maybe have a better chance. and i have said nothing about a state trip. i feel the kids were not properly motivated at times in the past. not sure how anyone thinks this is talking bad about anyone, just my thoughts

Spurger has a point guard coming up with the youngest Whittaker that plays a lot older than what he is.  He will help them tremendously with his handling skills and his shooting.  I predict as a freshman he will average 6-8 points a game.  He will have very strong defense and the biggest feature of his game will be that he will create open shots for the outside guys.

wasnt going to explain but hereit goes, this happens alot in games , one ref cals alot and the other doesnt. in the game at hd all the call went against hd in the first half cause the guy ref was calling all the fouls and the woman was calling nothing. then in the second half as catman called it hd put 7 in, what happened is the teams swapped ends wich ment now spurger was getting all the calls on them as hd was in the first half

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124