JASON HENRY

Talk about a steal. Great Coach. Watch out 1A basketball, if the kids commit to him, start getting rooms in Austin.

If this hire is any indication of the kind of AD Slack will be - anxtious to see what is next. Great hire Slack. HD ALL THE WAy!

Jason is an excellent coach,probably has done more with the talent he has had the last 3-4 years than anyone around.I would hold off on the tickets to Austin unless Foster leaves Big Sandy.This is a great move however for HD,not sure why acoach would want to move from a 4-a job back to 1-a job????He had a pretty sweet deal goin at Evadale.

You would be surprised at how much H-D pays their coaches.  They are paid very well considering they are at a 1A school.  Heck, I believe H-D pays more than Hardin or comparable 2A schools.  I can believe that Lumberton pays poorly because I interviewed there about 12 years ago and the school just didn't really look like a 4A school.  Kind of shabby looking; of course, that was 12 years ago so I would hope that it has changed.

Actually HD's teaching salary is high but their coaches really make less for coaching than most of the surrounding schools.  They don't get paid per sport but everyone makes the same because everyone has to coach so many sports because the school is so small.  They may be a head coach of 2 sports and assist in 2 sports and make the same as another coach that only assist in a few sports.

HD's teaching salary starts out fairly low but with time it increases greatly.  If you have 10 or more years you do better than most schools around even Dayton who starts out well.  It will be a pretty good pay raise from Lumberton.  Because Henry has about 13 years experience. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa