Texas Roughrider 9UAA (Red) ---- USSSA World Series

The Texas Roughriders finished second in the USSSA World Series this weekend held in Louisiana.  The Roughriders proved they had a lot of heart by fighting their way back through the losers bracket defeating 7 straight top ranked teams placing them in the title game. The USSSA Representative stated that this accomplishiment had never been done before.  The offense was lead by big hits from Carter Henry (Port Neches) and the defense was lead by Brett Ladner (Orange) behind the plate throwing several out. Drake Trawhon (Orange) was selected MVP of the tournament with great outings in both offense and defense. The Roughriders is a team of some of the best players in Southeast Texas:  Carter Henry, Drake Trawhon, Brett Ladner, Logan LeJeune, Montana Berry, Ryan Abel, Jared Hendrix, Jimmy Hendrix, Nathan Vidrine, Colten Hicks, and Cole Geraud. I would have to say these boys had a great season with an ending record of 46 - 9 and several tournament championships. I can not imagine what they will be like in the future since this was only their first year together as a team..

Great job boys.

I can't wait until fall ball when we start pitching. Seems like I've been waiting for this time since mine were born. I hope they enjoy it as much as I did. If not then there are plenty of other positions to play.

Yes, tgreen we are very proud of Brett ;D---he caught 10 games this week--2 days of 3 games each. :o  He also caught 6 trying to steal 2nd!!!  He truly loves the game and gives it his all with every outing!

Our boys really pulled together this week.  We lost the first game of bracket play and had to battle our way to the championship. Great season--Go Riders!!!

The Roughriders is a team of some of the best players in Southeast Texas:  Carter Henry, Drake Trawhon, Brett Ladner, Logan LeJeune, Montana Berry, Ryan Abel, Jared Hendrix, Jimmy Hendrix, Nathan Vidrine, Colten Hicks, and Cole Geraud. I would have to say these boys had a great season with an ending record of 46 - 9 and several tournament championships. ..

The Roughriders is a team of some of the best players in Southeast Texas:  Carter Henry, Drake Trawhon, Brett Ladner, Logan LeJeune, Montana Berry, Ryan Abel, Jared Hendrix, Jimmy Hendrix, Nathan Vidrine, Colten Hicks, and Cole Geraud. I would have to say these boys had a great season with an ending record of 46 - 9 and several tournament championships. ..

Reality check.....this is AA     not AAA   not major

DAD?????  Keep wondering???  Anyway why are you trying to make an issue out of this??  If your kid  plays AAA then why are you even reading this post and replying..This post was supposed to be a congratulatory post on behalf of the boys and their accomplishment this year just like everyother post on this website for little league. Quit trying to turn it around and make an issue out of it just because they are not AAA.  Although, seeing how this new season the Riders will be moved to AAA (like your son) you should come check us out.  We could always use some more fans!!

you know...people have nerve to come on here and ridicule these kids because they are in AA ball instead of AAA ball. who cares!!!!!!! these kids deserve all the congratulatory comments they can get. i guess you are going to always have someone to mouth off and try to take it all away. im sure you are proud of your "AAA" group, so why can't we be proud of our "AA" group????

He can be as proud of his kids all he wants to.It dont matter if its freakin wiffle ball if someone wants to congratulate a team or a individual then let them do it.I would be very proud also of my team or my child.

I believe your kid started out somewhere or was he born a "AAA" ball player.did he automatically start playing Triple AAA t-ball?

No one is ridiculing kids.  My guess is most of your 9 year olds don't read this.  This is a parent brag site.  You feel free to keep on bragging about AA ball if you want.  But when you move to AAA, then we will know if these are the best players in the area. 

ps    If you dont want outsiders to post, don't put it on here.  Call all your buddies and brag to them

Great job, Riders.  That's a great run, especially after getting into the loser's bracket early.  BTW, West End...there is no AAA in 9U baseball.  It's either AA or 9U open.  Don't try to dampen the accomplishments of 9 year old kids.

Razor

What do you want me to say?  "Great job RIders"?  That's just not a real interesting read when everyone says the same thing.  It just seems at some point in the season(like maybe when they were 20-3, they would have stepped it on up to open ball(or whatever it's called at that age)

Razor

What do you want me to say?  "Great job RIders"?   That's just not a real interesting read when everyone says the same thing.  It just seems at some point in the season(like maybe when they were 20-3, they would have stepped it on up to open ball(or whatever it's called at that age)

Have you ever heard of the saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all?"

Razor

What do you want me to say?  "Great job RIders"?   That's just not a real interesting read when everyone says the same thing.  It just seems at some point in the season(like maybe when they were 20-3, they would have stepped it on up to open ball(or whatever it's called at that age)

To be honest, I would have just preferred you say nothing at all.  Not sure what the purpose of your comment was in the first place.  If it ain't an interesting read to you, then move on to another thread.

For the record, I am not related to or nor do I know any of the kids on this team.  I just think they have had a season they can be proud of and I am proud of any local team that can fare well on a broader national or regional scale.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami