BEST SE TEXAS TEAM OF ALL TIME?

Guest Jags

Guest DickVitale

I had a top 10 posted about 5 months ago....

1. 1986 PA Lincoln

2. 2001 Beaumont Ozen

3. 1995 PA Lincoln

4. 1991 PA Lincoln

5. 1988 PA Lincoln

6. 1981 Beaumont Hebert

7. 2002 Beaumont Ozen

8. 1995 Beaumont West Brook

9. 1988 Beaumont Central

10. 1991 Hardin Jefferson

Hon. Mention: 2004 Kountze, 1996 Silsbee, 2003 Beaumont Ozen, 1984 PA Lincoln, 1989 PA Lincoln, 1980 Beaumont Hebert

Guest DickVitale

Good team, but not GREATEST of all time....Come on, HOMER!! ;D....They made it to Austin on a lucky 60 footer and got crushed in the semis by Duncanville...They were good, not great.

Guest DickVitale

Skip Jackson and Edward Garriet?? Central's best?? No way, man....Daimon Sweet, Ron Jackson, Marshall Scott, Eric Rideau, Perry Hill, Clarence Matthews....Those were some of the TOP Central guys...Skip and Doobie were top 10 though.. :D

Skip Jackson and Edward Garriet?? Central's best?? No way, man....Daimon Sweet, Ron Jackson, Marshall Scott, Eric Rideau, Perry Hill, Clarence Matthews....Those were some of the TOP Central guys...Skip and Doobie were top 10 though.. :D

yea, that's  why I said some of the best.  No way I can forget about Sweet and Mathews.

Until they get rid of Calvin Rice they will never get pass the second again in which I informed alot of people when he first came aboard. Here's a coach who took over a program that was very successful and was establishing them selves as a top program with that state run, regional the next and quarters the next 2 seasons until Rice came along. Their program went from 24 plus wins a season to what 17 a year. They fan support went from thousands and many homes games sell outs to barely 300 a game and thats being nice. You can take Dunbar coach and probably go farther than Rice. Here's a coach for the past 5 1/2 years that has never led his team to a victory over their main rival which is just totaly pathetic. Central fans you need to open your eyes and see that its a real problem. Only thing he has done is kept the playoff streak alive and everyone seems to be just happy with that in which again any in 22-4a  coach can do that with that team. Now that Dayton's in the district and he can not take them down. What Dayton going to go on a 5 year win streak against them to, When will they ever get thier pride back as Ballers again and the answer is when Rice steps down.

Guest DickVitale

Whoa there Mr. Jaguar....anytime you are in a basketball district with Ozen, which by the way has only lost 3 district games since the 2000 season, you cannot expect any more than has been done by Central.  How do you feel about the runner up in Southlake Carroll's district in football? Should they fire that coach too?  It is very easy to sit behind a screen and blast a coach...It actually is quite a cowardly gesture to do so...Central has done all it can do in 22-4A by being runner up in 4 of the last 5 seasons, and making the playoffs in each.  Central has not been able to beat Ozen, but few teams have, so that is no crime. David Green's Central teams had not beaten Ozen either, and they were 5A then, and Green is a quality coach too.  The first thing you should do as a Central fan is support your team and it's players and not lobby on the internet to fire the coach...That makes you fair weather, which ultimately will not ever help the Central program...Since you "care" so much. 

You are very much wrong Dickvitale, David Green team has beaten Ozen and thats a fact. You don't know as much as you think you know about this district. Everything I stated above is facts and can prove it. He's has not finished second all the time to Ozen in which they have finished 3 a few times. When a coach comes to a winning program he should improve something not bring it down. I'm not being coward at all I'm telling it the way it is. You need to do some research your self and uyou will find that they are going no where fast. I've been around since the old CP days and know better. Their program had decreased since his arrival. If you can not get the job done then he need to move around.

Guest DickVitale

Central beat Ozen in the FIRST YEAR OF VARSITY COMPETITION (1998)....Thats it...If you don't know, ask somebody, and they will inform you...How do you measure success?  State titles?  No.  How about district titles? No, again.  Central has been doing exactly what they have always done, and there is nothing wrong with that...The kids play hard, they are stuctured, and have made the playoffs every year...Every team cannot win a title every year, that is not how the system is designed...Believe me, I know more about it than you think.  I am not some fair weather fan, talking about what I do not know...Trust me on that one...I HATE when people that know absolutely NOTHING get on the internet and bash coaches...SUPPORT YOUR SCHOOL.

Who died and made you the know all of everything and then tell someone they know nothing whats going on. You're making a it a Ozen thing and thats was not my point. Again name one thing he has done to improve thier system and the answer is nothing. You're going all into supporting the kids and all, In which I always have. I said nothing about winning a title every year or state.

1. Attendance has dropped considerably

2. Won-Lost has dropped also, and thats losing to others besides Ozen, even 2A now.

3. No tournament wins since.

4. Only 2 round appreances since  and the rest one and out, which has nothing to do with Ozen. You still can not give one thing he has improved on and you know why because there isn't any.

Guest DickVitale

Look, as a coach, I am simply saying that it is not YOUR place to hire or fire any coach...You have no expertise in the field and obviously do not know what you are talking about...How would you like it if someone was on a message board calling for YOUR resignation and knew little to nothing about what you do?  Caoch Rice has done well at Central, and how YOU are measuring attendance is a mystery to me....Just SUPPORT THE KIDS, man, that's all there is to it.

I agree with both you guys.  I am one of those scattered Jag fans that still go and support the kids.  Ozen has a great program with a great coach.  I believe that last years least talented (and DV, you know excactly what I'm talking about since we've had this talk before) Ozen team should have been beaten, at least once.  Rice is a good coach, which I'm not, so I cant say that he should be fired.  But I do know this for one thing.  When Green was there, there was a program going on there.  Kids wanted to show up and bust their butts.  Fans were there.  Everybody talked about the B-ball team.  There was some things that were said and done  concerning the coach that didnt' sit right with me that I'm not going to discuss on a message board.  Last year's lose to Lamar Consolidated was because of a bonehead last playcall.  Take it how you want it,  but I think a change wouldnt' be to bad, unless Rice can get it together in a year.  Remember at one point, it was unheard of for scrub teams to even hang around by 30+.  Now we keep these teams in the game so everybody that plays us thinks they can win.  BTW, Boutte can be outcoached, it's possible.  All you have to do is stop acting like that coach from 'Waterboy'.

Guest DickVitale

;D ;D ;D ;D....Soulja, that was funny...."Mr. Coach Klein!!"

Hey, Coach K (Duke) can be outcoached on any given night...ANY coach can be outdone, but how often does that REALLY happen to quality coaches? And if it does, I guarantee, it will not happen again with the good ones..  Coaching is about making adjustments at game time and having your kids mentally and physically prepared...You also must be a good people manager...I just don't like fans "firing" coaches when they really don't know the game...I remember telling Rice once that he should not base his season on just beating Ozen...That way you lose focus...He agreed, but I must admit, Ozen is a thorn in his side that is not soon going away.

Yea, Coach Klien, that's his name.  :D :D :D LMAO.  But if you can pull out wins agains Ozen, you can play with anybody in the state.  That's how I see it.  Becasue you settle for losing to Ozen because they are this basketball capital, which they are, then what are you going to do when you come across another team like this?  And in the playoffs, teams like this are in abundance, especially after the first round.  Sounds familiar?  Same ol' song, DV.  Same ol' song.  Just like I told you, we have just as many athletes as Ozen, so these games arnt' lost before their started.

Guest DickVitale

I see your point, but what coach can you call on to actually beat Ozen in district?  Remember David could not beat Ozen either and they were 5A then...Except the first year they opened...And do you really want to count that? Who do you think can get it done..Well, except for ME of course!! ;D...I am not afraid of "Mr. Coach Klein"! CLASSIC, soulja!!! CLASSIC! :D

I'm for real, when Boutte stands up and starts coaching in the second quarter, our coach goes behind the scorers table.  Well exagerating.  He just sits there with his chin resting in his hand.  I honestly think a lot of coaches can get the job done, just dont' freeze up in the moment and not be afraid to adjust or make changes.  Also, not be afraid to bench great players.

Guest DickVitale

Maybe he should just imagine and attack!!! ;D ;D..Pretend he is Coach Simon or something!! :D..I am so wrong for that, but you know what I mean!! :D....Boutte does that to a LOT of coaches...You know I know about that.....We used to feed off of the other coaches uncertainty...Calvin will be OK...He will be just fine....Who would you like to see at Central?...Just curious.

Guest DickVitale

English is a fine coach, and yes his Vidor team beat Ozen 3 times when Ozen was "re-building" although they went 27-7 and went to the regional semis.  Vidor did not win district that year, Ozen did.Vidor lost to Central twice, and got beat in the first round of the playoffs...It's all relative, and this game is about matchups..Vidor matched up well against Ozen, with their post presence and great shooters....They lost to Central that year too...Soulja, my friend, Coach Rice will be OK...Give him a chance..

1. 1986 PA Lincoln

2. 2001 Beaumont Ozen

3. 1995 PA Lincoln

4. 1991 PA Lincoln

5. 1988 PA Lincoln

6. 1981 Beaumont Hebert

7. 2002 Beaumont Ozen

9. 1988 Beaumont Central

Hon. Mention: 2004 Kountze, 1996 Silsbee, 2003 Beaumont Ozen, 1984 PA Lincoln, 1989 PA Lincoln, 1980 Beaumont Hebert

Man some good teams there.  :o

1. 1986 PA Lincoln

2. 2001 Beaumont Ozen

3. 1995 PA Lincoln

4. 1991 PA Lincoln

5. 1988 PA Lincoln

6. 1981 Beaumont Hebert

7. 2002 Beaumont Ozen

9. 1988 Beaumont Central

1983 Silsbee team with a 35-2 record that went to final 4 would also be an hon. mention under coach Terry Cully.....man they had some players.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont