ROUND ROBIN IN ORANGE

Guest b-a-g fan

And a big THANKS to several girls participating this week-end who helped the CRUSH 16U's when we were short on players. 

I had this week-end scheduled "off" since the first of the year, but I couldn't pass up the chance to get the girls some more work.  We were short as many as 3 players at times, and several girls volunteered to help us out and play with us.  They were from: 4 - CRUSH 18 (Jaynes), 2 - LA Edge, and 2 - Terror.

Thanks, ladies!

i hate it when a parent who feels their child isn't getting play time or positions that the "parent" feels their kid deserves try to belittle other players by saying they are only playing a position because they have a parent as a coach.  as a coach I play girls in the position they earn regardless of if its my kid or yours.  just because you, "darby" would show favoritism to your kid over a better player...doesn't mean all coaches act that way.  open your eyes to reality

Guest WeedBegone

i hate it when a parent who feels their child isn't getting play time or positions that the "parent" feels their kid deserves try to belittle other players by saying they are only playing a position because they have a parent as a coach.  as a coach I play girls in the position they earn regardless of if its my kid or yours.  just because you, "darby" would show favoritism to your kid over a better player...doesn't mean all coaches act that way.  open your eyes to reality

Slater--i am confused as to how your feelings got here--but i understand what you are trying to say.  But if anybody wants to try coaching, this is something you need to get used to.  Its part of the package--and if you are not careful how you handle this--- this will be a CE because every adjustment made to allow playing time, you will bench another loved pler (W/P 2.0).  So, keep ice handy because it heals both external and internal wounds at the end of the day. 

WEEDBGONE...this is where my first response came from ... a parent posting for all to see, including these young players he is referring to, that he feels they are only playing over his/her daughter because they have a dad as a coach.  again, as a coach, that is not what determines positions.  the ability of the player and their proving statistically that they have earned a position is what gets them playing time at that position!  and I think a parent should respect that.  a lot of parents think their child is the star of the team when they are not, and thats fine....its just not always true.  and to then belittle other players.... thats just wrong.  I would never do that , as a coach...or a parent!!!

Sorry slater for offending you but the truth hurt and the truth shall set you free!Im not the one who picked up a college player to fill a position we all ready had.Wasnt the round robin to help the girls get ready for nat.Instead you bring in a ringer.You dont think a little pitching time could have help the team in the long run.Just to let you know another player is coming in and the player in question is being released.And yes the only person hurt was the playr in question because she worked hard to go to nat.

Guest bigcat

Darby, it would be nice if you could keep this off here. This is not the place. Besides you got your release, like you wanted. Best just to drop it.

Guest bigcat

What a Freakin' Soup Opera

FYI Trout ....I spent the weekend with the ASA Gold girls in Beaumont.

That's what your getting yourself into !   Not this garbage

Good response softball 101

if your in your canoe and the wheels fall off, how many pancakes will it take to roof a doghouse??    well,,,,,,,,,, makes as much sense as Darby comments.  he doesn't give the whole story either.  good luck to you though Darby, best wishes.  nicer comments will probably be an asset when you join a new team though.  try to keep the negative ones off a forum

Guest osue200

Darby, it would be nice if you could keep this off here. This is not the place. Besides you got your release, like you wanted. Best just to drop it.

Bigcat we've had first hand experience been there and done that before

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124