ROUND ROBIN IN ORANGE

Guest b-a-g fan

Guest b-a-g fan

Thank you again orange crush for the games today you guys did a great job as yoiu always do  and congrats to the ladies of terror on going undefeated today against connors blast ,treadway blast ,oc and la edge . as cheater was in florida sipin on mia tie's  :o :o :o ;D

That was a great training tournament today in Orange.  I hope these teams do well in the AFA Nationals in Beaumont; especially against the college red-shirted and Freshman age teams from around the  country.

I really enjoyed the game between the Crimson Blast Conner team against the Blast White Treadway team.  They Pitched some of their best against each other in that game.  Emalee Kennon against Miss Treadway--what a battle of good sportsmanship with Blast Conner winning 3-2.  These two teams seemed to be playing very well in this particular matchup.

Marty, great job today at the Crush Compound. Feilds looked great( good mowing) and good food. Too bad that CC did not have this good help in Beaumont. Enjoyed the day with you. All I heard was " Boy sure is quiet with out Rags here". Blues even had a good time, with it. 

[move]Thank you [/move]

Thanks Orange Crush for hosting the round robin today.  As usual the crew did an excellent job on the fields and the food at the concession stand was TASTY!!!  We appreciate all the hard work from the Crush organization to provide us with a place to get some game time in.

Guest lawdog

We all had a great day at the ole crush compound.  We were all proud that the teams came out to play some games with us.  All the teams had some great moments today.

Guest b-a-g fan

a special shout out to coach birdwells bunch for such a high turnover rate this year the girls work well together . takes a pretty good coach to work thru the change and keep the kids with a positive attitude ;D ;D kudos birdwell from dogtown

Guest bigcat

The Blast white had a good time today. LOts of good practice. Winning didnt mean that much today. More important to work on some things.  Had some bad luck, lost Chelsie Walters to a sprained ankle. Her little 11 year old sister had to play with us. She went 5 for 7 at the plate. Great job Josie. Danielle hit a Rocket shot in game 2. Even had to pull a Cheater rabbit out of my hat. Found a great pitcher today in Carman, bad thing she was 21.

Guest bigcat

Funny how that works when you win its win at all cost and when you lose well winning doesnt mean everything  ;D ;D

[/quote ]  No, just nothing to really bragg about, winning games in a  round Robin. To me It was more important to give the girls some much needed work. Practice in a game enviroment.

If you did what your team needed to get ready for Nationals then you did right Bigcat. Win or lose you did what was right for your team and that could be different for other teams, but you only have control over yours. Good job.

Guest tin man

Hey big cat glad you found a 21 year old pitcher,that really helps your team/We saw a very good pitcher on your team that didnt get anytime.I am sure that really hurt her.Remember you are there for the players not your on ego.

Guest bigcat

Hey big cat glad you found a 21 year old pitcher,that really helps your team/We saw a very good pitcher on your team that didnt get anytime.I am sure that really hurt her.Remember you are there for the players not your on ego.

Our only other A ball pitcher at the tournament got hurt in the 1st game.  I asked Terror coach if it was ok if the 21 year old could pitch 1/2 a game , to give Danielle a little break. Thanks Coach Dan For allowing her to pitch. Just wished she could have pitched some against us. Im not going to pitch someone thats not ready for A ball, and take a chance on getting them, or one of our other players hurt.

Guest bigcat

That was a great training tournament today in Orange.  I hope these teams do well in the AFA Nationals in Beaumont; especially against the college red-shirted and Freshman age teams from around the  country.

I really enjoyed the game between the Crimson Blast Conner team against the Blast White Treadway team.  They Pitched some of their best against each other in that game.  Emalee Kennon against Miss Treadway--what a battle of good sportsmanship with Blast Conner winning 3-2.  These two teams seemed to be playing very well in this particular matchup.

It was a good game , and a fun game to watch. Even had a great catch, and blooper in one. Can say i never saw a play like that. Left fielder made a charge on a fly ball foul. Caught the ball, she hit the fence, Glove went between fence and top rail. Fielder fell down, hand came out of glove, glove stuck in fence with ball in it. She jumps up grabs glove, gets ball and throughs ball back in. Now thats one for the high light reels.

To Bigcat: That was an incredible catch--ball/glove  stuck in the fence!

Incidentally, I like your answer on not pitching a promising younger-one that might just get hurt at this point in time.

I see a lot of savvy in all the Blast coaching on safety issues.

I also see good seasoned officials evidently breaking their ancient local rules by kicking bats out of base paths to keep from getting kids hurt unnecessarily.

Kudos to these individuals that are more interested in safety for the long-pull!

We need Coaches and Officials with youth safety in mind under all situations.

Does anyone know where you can officially lodge a complaint about the metal cleats being initiated into use?

I can envision girls with 30 stitches in the face from time-to-time--just because non-Safety Engineers set up a scenario that was stupid.

Safety-by-bad-Design simply dictates that injury would take place a lot more often if metal can be used to cause sometimes major injury.

Guest Bodine Gunch

Its funny you dont consider Amber Holland as a A ball pitcher when in fact she pitched outstanding for the Rowides,MC Elite,.Your answer is great if you were running for office,but again Iam not the Manger quote daddy of the pitctures your talking about.

Who is Amber Holland and who does she pitch for?

To be an a-ball pitcher, you can't just throw the ball over the plate...the other team could do some serious damage...as far as the score, or even getting someone hurt.  She was already hit in the knee on the mound this year and all most took one to the face... ouch :-\

Our only other A ball pitcher at the tournament got hurt in the 1st game.  I asked Terror coach if it was ok if the 21 year old could pitch 1/2 a game , to give Danielle a little break. Thanks Coach Dan For allowing her to pitch. Just wished she could have pitched some against us. Im not going to pitch someone thats not ready for A ball, and take a chance on getting them, or one of our other players hurt.

She told me that she was just 16, did not even have her drivers license yet. Good smoke job bigcat... Glad to help you out. We had a good time also, moving girls around..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami